Grandchildren and guns

Centrepin

56 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

You just have to prize them out of the seat, maybe you're due a power cut.😉 Take them for a walk by a stream and let them get good wet and muddy.  A rope swing, searching for walking sticks and some stepping stones and they'll soon forget them there X stations and play boxes.

I think these days some kids are losing the art of playing out and using their imagination. 

Did you hit it🙈🙈🙈🥴😁😁😁

. She actually hit mostly the same place. She’s a good girl 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, deny essex said:

It brings back memories of taking my son shooting, fishing and teaching him country ways that I knew and respected , grading him from air rifle target plinking  and gun handling eventually to quarry hunting.

Watching him grow and at times teaching me a thing or two learnt from reading shooting times  and books.

Doubt I will be teaching my grandsons the same as little to no interest shown from behind an X box.

A good topic 

Curiosity get a big bag don’t let him see what’s inside be secretive 

im just popping out for a bit ending

with a you probably won’t be able to come you’re a bit young for this or it’s too grown up for you and your mum won’t let you 

think of something it’s your duty to do dangerous things with your grandsons 

worked on a granddaughter we went for a boat ride (harbour taxi) and picknick on a pontoon in the harbour and crab lines 

• 2 weeks later...

My grandfather had no opportunity to take me shooting but he was a very keen Gardner he taught me what to do when to plant what to plant and where and of course eventually we would both enjoy the fruits of our labour, then he took me to our local cricket ground when I was aged 5 and I have been hooked ever since. Sadly he died in 1984, I know my reply in this thread is not about shooting but reading about grandfather's and there grandchildren brought back many happy memories. 

1 hour ago, The Heron said:

My grandfather had no opportunity to take me shooting but he was a very keen Gardner he taught me what to do when to plant what to plant and where and of course eventually we would both enjoy the fruits of our labour, then he took me to our local cricket ground when I was aged 5 and I have been hooked ever since. Sadly he died in 1984, I know my reply in this thread is not about shooting but reading about grandfather's and there grandchildren brought back many happy memories. 

It seems to me that Grandads have a responsibility to pass on skills, create memories and of course torment the kids.

Maybe it's because Dads are too busy earning a living wage  to be able to do these things as often as us grandads.

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

It seems to me that Grandads have a responsibility to pass on skills, create memories and of course torment the kids.

Maybe it's because Dads are too busy earning a living wage  to be able to do these things as often as us grandads.

My dad , me on left and my boys . My boys both have my grandads names in their names . I miss my grandad and I’m making sure my boys have happy memories with my dad .

80C450BB-69DD-4C08-97B4-924AE04E9FB1.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I wasn't happy with the stain I bought for the lads gun,  it left a plasticky feel and coating on it. It's even started peeling off on one of my day to day walking sticks. 

So..... off it came.

Linseed oil, rubbed in, soaked, left to dry. Re applied and now ready for last rub down before re assembly.

Me thinks it's looking much better and the grain is visible.

20200407_135555.jpg

20200407_135453.jpg

Edited by Centrepin