Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Centrepin

Grandchildren and guns

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

You just have to prize them out of the seat, maybe you're due a power cut.😉 Take them for a walk by a stream and let them get good wet and muddy.  A rope swing, searching for walking sticks and some stepping stones and they'll soon forget them there X stations and play boxes.

I think these days some kids are losing the art of playing out and using their imagination. 

Did you hit it🙈🙈🙈🥴😁😁😁

 . She actually hit mostly the same place. She’s a good girl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, deny essex said:

It brings back memories of taking my son shooting, fishing and teaching him country ways that I knew and respected , grading him from air rifle target plinking  and gun handling eventually to quarry hunting.

Watching him grow and at times teaching me a thing or two learnt from reading shooting times  and books.

Doubt I will be teaching my grandsons the same as little to no interest shown from behind an X box.

A good topic 

Curiosity get a big bag don’t let him see what’s inside be secretive 

im just popping out for a bit ending

with a you probably won’t be able to come you’re a bit young for this or it’s too grown up for you and your mum won’t let you 

think of something it’s your duty to do dangerous things with your grandsons 

worked on a granddaughter we went for a boat ride (harbour taxi) and picknick on a pontoon in the harbour and crab lines 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But that is your wonderful revenge upon your daughter.:lol:

 

It has to be done!:good:

I fell about laughing when I thought of the explanation she had to give, then he tells her that. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geography sadly negates the first at the moment, but the second grandson weighed in yesterday at 9lb 8oz. He should be home today so after a day to settle in we can start him learning the different calibres/bores on Saturday. :lol::good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations, if you start now you could cut a nice .410 to size. 

Or buy a 2020 future antique,🤣 put it away for his 21st to celebrate the year of his birth.

😎👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy him a nice quality English gun now whilst they are cheap. By the time you give it him for his 21st it could be back up to value again. Nobody will want ten a penny O/Us then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My grandfather had no opportunity to take me shooting but he was a very keen Gardner he taught me what to do when to plant what to plant and where and of course eventually we would both enjoy the fruits of our labour, then he took me to our local cricket ground when I was aged 5 and I have been hooked ever since. Sadly he died in 1984, I know my reply in this thread is not about shooting but reading about grandfather's and there grandchildren brought back many happy memories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Heron said:

My grandfather had no opportunity to take me shooting but he was a very keen Gardner he taught me what to do when to plant what to plant and where and of course eventually we would both enjoy the fruits of our labour, then he took me to our local cricket ground when I was aged 5 and I have been hooked ever since. Sadly he died in 1984, I know my reply in this thread is not about shooting but reading about grandfather's and there grandchildren brought back many happy memories. 

It seems to me that Grandads have a responsibility to pass on skills, create memories and of course torment the kids.

Maybe it's because Dads are too busy earning a living wage  to be able to do these things as often as us grandads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

It seems to me that Grandads have a responsibility to pass on skills, create memories and of course torment the kids.

Maybe it's because Dads are too busy earning a living wage  to be able to do these things as often as us grandads.

My dad , me on left and my boys . My boys both have my grandads names in their names . I miss my grandad and I’m making sure my boys have happy memories with my dad .

80C450BB-69DD-4C08-97B4-924AE04E9FB1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, team tractor said:

My dad , me on left and my boys . My boys both have my grandads names in their names . I miss my grandad and I’m making sure my boys have happy memories with my dad .

80C450BB-69DD-4C08-97B4-924AE04E9FB1.jpeg

Theres nothing in life as important as family. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Theres nothing in life as important as family. 👍

100% 

I'm glad i learnt that young. I've never put anyone or anything above my lad and never will. Missed out on too much time with my old man when I was young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...