Another find .

mellors

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

Yes used them and still have them somewhere. I fact I used them as a template for making my own decoys out of plastic sheet. I still use these them on the few occasions I shoot pigeon and whilst simple they work.

I did too in the 70’s! Made my own out of stiff thick card, Matt varnished to make em wet resistant then painted em.......worked great!

5 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

In those days you used what you could as I was certainly on a budget. I used brick band stands so they moved in a breeze.

Not only were we on a budget , ( a very low one at that ) the variety of gadgets weren't on the market in the early 70s so you devised your own methods , from the very early days the only thing we splashed out on was a lump of Army camo netting bought from a advert in the Shooting Times , cradles were home made , sticks to prop the dead pigeon up , poles made from tile batons, seats were old 5 gall oil drums , decoys were cut out of grey plastic guttering and we thought by buying a slab of 250 we were buying in bulk .

When we got better at it and we started to sell a few pigeons we bought the odd factory made item , I think the first decent thing I bought from one of the game fairs were a set of extending poles , these were the strong alloy ones that had a plastic cone on the inside , these were light to carry , strong with a decent kick plate and snag free with the nets , since then I have had a lot of poles but without a shadow of doubt , those first ones were the best .