Small bore O/U

Farmboy91

Just fishing to see what's about.

I'd love to get back to shooting again and would need something that's not going to smash my shoulder about. Looking for a cheapish 410/28 bore if there's one about.

Ideally in the Suffolk area.

Thanks all.

Edited by Farmboy91

12 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Have you thought about giving a semi-auto a try. They are not so harsh on the shoulder.

I have got my eye on a franchi affinity but can't quite stretch to that yet lol

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, a 20 gauge Remington 1100 would be ideal.  I have a 16 gauge and it has no more recoil than my 410. 

I have been looking at autos but in the past have always found I shot best with O/U's, I also want to keep the weight down as much as possible, thank you both for the replies though 👍

28 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

You'll probably find more 20 bore O/Us available for sale with a range of differing models and prices. Using sensible loads in a 20 bore, recoil can be kept to a minimum.

OB

Yeah there's plenty of 20's about nothing that grabs me though. To be honest I've got a small bore itch I've never properly scratched I've seen 410's from £150 onwards and 28's from just under £200, everythings to far away though.

18 minutes ago, B&W FOX said:

The only problem with 410 or a 28 is the cost of the cartridges compared to 20 or 12 bore light loads.

If your going to shoot a lot of clays then yes, the cost starts to come into it.  I shoot 410 exclusively so reload my own but only 50% to save money, I enjoy shooting my own shells.

How much would you save over a years shooting?   I shoot about a thousand rounds a year and the difference would be ?????????? over and above shooting a 20 gauge ??????

Two ...three pounds a week ?????    One less pint.

Edited by Walker570

5 hours ago, sam triple said:

have you tried looking  at 2nd hand Yilditz  , try free adds etc

51 minutes ago, dankidd said:

Have a look at the Kofs 28 bore. Seriously good little gun for very little money.

Yeah I've got my eye out for one of them, nothing close enough second hand, been scouring freeads, gunstar, guntrader etc nothing close enough.

1 hour ago, B&W FOX said:

The only problem with 4.10 or a 28 is the cost of the cartridges compared to 20 or 12 bore light loads.

I'm not fussed about cartridge prices I haven't shot since last May/June time and I'm just looking for a way back in.

1 hour ago, Mr. Merkel said:

Another suggestion for you I bought my daughter a 20bore Franchi Veloce as her first gun it weighs in at 5lbs 7oz shooting 19gram loads she found it very comfortable, unfortunatly you dont see to many of them for sale in the UK.

Good luck with the searching.

Thank you, I will look into one of those 👍

57 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

If your going to shoot a lot of clays then yes, the cost starts to come into it.  I shoot 410 exclusively so reload my own but only 50% to save money, I enjoy shooting my own shells.

How much would you save over a years shooting?   I shoot about a thousand rounds a year and the difference would be ?????????? over and above shooting a 20 gauge ??????

Two ...three pounds a week ?????    One less pint.

Thanks Walker, for the amount id actually shoot I dont mind a few extra quid on cartridges here and there.