‘Horrendous’ and ‘somebody please think of the children’

WalkedUp

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/16/dog-walker-watches-cullers-hack-deer-apart-on-national-trust-estate-12057161/

All very bizarre, I have been trying to find the trigger after NT released a Twitter statement earlier this week. The only complaint seems to be that after she started harassing the stalkers and filming them, they filmed her too. She’s also a woman, not sure how this is relevant but she references this in the third person so must be important. There also ‘could have been children‘ which seems to be a go to response when there is no real issue to object to. 

Anyway, plenty of women stalk and plenty of children who know that meat doesn’t start life in plastic packaging. 

The estate’s official policy is that the deer are extracted intact so there may be an issue for the stalkers, however we are not privy to any conversations or other agreements that hopefully they had in place. 

Can beat that yet nobody gave a toss, somebody dumped a load of skins on our public land between 2 housing estates. Why?, no idea, just some people love the drama it would cause. No other reason you would dump them in a green flag open space walked by hundreds every day. Some people just don't help them self's 🙄 

My gator looked good tho, was going to reline the seats but the boss wasn't keen 

IMG-20191205-WA0006.jpeg

Edited by strimmer_13

Perhaps the lady who came across the "gruesome sight" might like to visit the local abattoir where, if she eats meat, her eyes will again be opened!

The stalkers were a tad too casual about gralloching the deer but again it's a case of not understanding on behalf of the lady and the ****** in the Herts Wildlife Monitors and East Herts Sabs. I wonder if the incident was on a "designated path" as the Trust likes to call them? More likely that the lady was roaming around the woods?

As to the National Trust and their policies on different estates the mind boggles - here they fell good mature trees, cut them into sensible lengths then leave them to rot - tons and tons of good useable wood wasted. Gripe over!

I am sure most folk will agree that there are some things here that could be done differently. I know of several land owners that prefer gralloch removed due to high levels of dog walkers and it should be common sense to upset as few bambi lovers as possible when culling if it is avoidable. When approached by someone upset I would certainly take the view that it is an opportunity to try to educate rather than confront head on, I accept that not all folk can be educated as my mrs still does not get deer management but that does not stop me gradually trying.  The guys could have calmly pointed out that they liked to leave the gralloch for the local owls, buzzards, red kites, badgers, foxes etc. - of course we were not there and only have one side of the story so all of this could have been tried.

There does appear to be a fair bit of shall we say 'poetic licence' in what the lady is saying though as being covered in blood up to the elbows when gralloching is difficult to believe from professional/semi-professional stalkers - no stalker likes getting blood on themselves at all and does everything they can to avoid it. Lots of blood tends to happen when you are learning in the first few grallochs and I cannot believe these guys are inexperienced.

As for the child statement - lots more kids see dead deer at the side of the road due to county councils not clearing them up - even after humane dispatch when they have been informed that they are there by the police.

It does seem crazy the way the public react to the use of guns and particularly the way it's portrayed by the media.

Just noticed that The Herald online has published pictures of a Tory MP or something who has caused outrage. He's had the audacity to be pictured holding an AR15 at a legal range in Prague. How someone who has committed no offence or done anything wrong makes it to the news is beyond me. 

Think shooting is under more pressure than we think with this type of sensationalism reporting

Love it in Sweden where you often find your lined out on the public highway as woods are driven towards you.  I was doing such when the school bus went by and the kids where all waving and cheering.  I didn't get a shot on that drive but my neighbouring gun shot a moose as it crossed the road into the field behind us. No one as much as blinked.   Had a seat set on a bank above a main road covering the woodland edge on the other side of the road and any shot presented would be across the road.  Different world.

Im of  the mind .that the more we shy away and hide shooting and all that goes with it from the public, The more it will be percived as wrong .

Make it normal and common place (as it used to be ) and stop pandering to the sabs and easily offended .and we will keep our sport and way of life .

If veganism can be protected in law as a belief  - then so can hunting and collecting your own food .

It needs a name .???? 

6 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Im of  the mind .that the more we shy away and hide shooting and all that goes with it from the public, The more it will be percived as wrong .

Make it normal and common place (as it used to be ) and stop pandering to the sabs and easily offended .and we will keep our sport and way of life .

If veganism can be protected in law as a belief  - then so can hunting and collecting your own food .

It needs a name .???? 

Living a NORMAL life.