Learn something every day...

Walker570

I just purchased three packs of AA batteries for my NV Spotter, put them in and the brand new spotter would not fire up. Checked everyhting and eventually pottered back to Solware and presented non working unit to Carl.  He removed and refitted the batteries twice and then happened to look at the side of a battery and in very small lettering was a label... Low power battery.  Hah!! That might be the problem, so he provided some new AA batteries and low and behold the unit worked.  Now I know rechargeables do not work in my trail cams but never have I seen AA batteries labelled Low Power.

They are exactly the same colour and unless you read the small print would not know the difference.  I returned to our local post office where I had them from and the owner was just as amazed as me. He did not know there where different power levels and would make a point of putting labels on the two different types as some people might think he was selling duff batteries.  These low power batteries are fine for small torches and things but will not power up cameras or NV units so just a heads up.

Most likely designed for long life low drain use - smoke detectors etc.Lidl used to do batteries called Aerocell - not sure if they still do, last review I read (a few years back) these batteries out performed anything else on the market, even the ones they shove up that Rabbit's Fudge Hole.

32 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Most likely designed for long life low drain use - smoke detectors etc.Lidl used to do batteries called Aerocell - not sure if they still do, last review I read (a few years back) these batteries out performed anything else on the market, even the ones they shove up that Rabbit's Fudge Hole.

They still do them, in fact I think all of their batteries are Aerocell.

You get low power batteries for clocks temp guages etc and low drain items. The higher power and drain batteries you need are usually listed on the packet for cameras flashes etc.

It was only when looking at lithium batteries for a led torch I learned.