Tv programs

the hitman

Hi Folks

There is some decent stuff on tv at the moment. I am watching White House farm, and The trial of Christine Keeler, both of which are really good and well acted with a good cast.

The Christine Keeler story was well before my time but I remember the White House farm murders and remember the news coverage of it at the time.

Worth a look chaps .

Hitman.

5 minutes ago, the hitman said:

Hi Folks

There is some decent stuff on tv at the moment. I am watching White House farm, and The trial of Christine Keeler, both of which are really good and well acted with a good cast.

The Christine Keeler story was well before my time but I remember the White House farm murders and remember the news coverage of it at the time.

Worth a look chaps .

Hitman.

hello, i a big watcher of TV Drama, sometimes i need to go on catch up, remember the Profumo scandal in the early 1960s, have you watched any of Walter Presents ? watching Wisting at the moment 

18 minutes ago, the hitman said:

Hi Folks

Worth a look chaps .

Hitman.

White House Farm has been very good. 

I know the farm, it's not far from a marsh i have shot.

5 minutes ago, the hitman said:

No not seen any of the Walter presents, but someone at work often raves about it, so I will give it a try.

The actress who plays the part of Keeler is rather more attractive than then Keeler was- in my opinion.

hello, these are 2 i can recommend but your need to watch the whole series, first Spiral a french drama/ second is The Bridge, there are many more i have watched over 10 years

The Bridge was an excellent series, very very watchable.

OH is currently watching ‘Anne with an E’ , she says it is very soothing with a feel good factor. 
Am really enjoying White House Farm, and can recall the murders at the time. I find it staggering how anyone can remain unflustered or unmoved by having cold bloodedly murdered five people.

Finally watched The Irishman, and although I enjoyed it I felt the attempts to render the main stars younger wasn’t really convincing. 

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, these are 2 i can recommend but your need to watch the whole series, first Spiral a french drama/ second is The Bridge, there are many more i have watched over 10 years

hello, try this new drama from Walter presents, The Passenger  its on more 4 but you might find the series on catch up, your right Scully the bridge was very very good

13 hours ago, the hitman said:

No not seen any of the Walter presents, but someone at work often raves about it, so I will give it a try.

The actress who plays the part of Keeler is rather more attractive than then Keeler was- in my opinion.

I was thinking the very same thing myself, she is very nice. That aside I am also enjoying the series as it’s very well written and the cast is excellent. I love the way Profumo is squirming and lying, typical politician

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, try this new drama from Walter presents, The Passenger  its on more 4 but you might find the series on catch up, your right Scully the bridge was very very good

hello, this is another called Wisting, BBC4 9pm tonight, most WP and More 4 BBC4 Dramas can be watched on catch up via computer

22 hours ago, the hitman said:

Whereas I think the opposite.

Keeler was told about the program before she died and apparently requested that it didn't portray her as a victim - which it  doesn't.

I remember the news coverage at the time and the press didn't describe her back then as a prostitute or call girl, all the nasty assumptions and Keeler hate came much later. Yes she was a silly young scrubber, dazzled by the attention she got from a range of men varying from peers of the realm at one end all the way to drug smoking bottom feeders. But she wasn't a prostitute and hopefully the program will leave the viewers clear about that.

She and randy mice were doing nothing different to, and for the same reasons, as some young women of today are doing it......having relationships with old, fat, ugly but rich and powerful men......obviously the weren't doing it for the guys looks, but for what the guy could do for them!......the same as many “me too” complainants have done, to trade what they have (looks and sex) for success, fame and money!........Now they are successful in their own right, they realise what their past liaisons makes them, regret it, and are trying to get their lost self respect back by attacking those rich and powerful men they made their bargain with.....claiming they were abused....how can someone be abused, when they have all their faculties and are willing participants?

It may not be your average tenner Streetwalker job.....but it’s still prostitution!

Edited by panoma1

On 18/01/2020 at 09:49, amateur said:

Two more worth a watch "Cobra" on Ský and "You" on Netflix, and, yes, almost any "Walter Presents" and "Spiral", but to get any sense out that you need to watch it from the beginning.

One of the guys I shoot Skeet with is in this (an extra) - can be seen when Robert Carlyle is giving his speech at the Hospital in Northumberland (actually filmed in Manchester)

A series that I am enjoying is "The Outsider" on Sky (not sure if Atlantic or 1) - 3 episodes in and very moody and suspense building!! Based on Stephen King books