Pup / Dog Insurance

Agriv8

Ok picking a new pup up Sunday.

first I have owned while my two boys 13 and 9 were old enough to respect the animal.

number 1 job will be family pet but it will come beating  with me and my dad. Very small 60 bird family shoot.

i need recommendations for Mut insurance  I plan to fire a insurance quote through price comparison sites. 

As you lads and lasses on here are so helpful I wandered if you could pass on your tips on who to avoid or who were really good.

dog is registered with local vet ( recommended ) already who have already asked if I would like to join there pet plan dog insurance plan.

Thanks in advanced Agriv8

ps is you are going to really slag a provider off u2u me as it may save the mods some ear ache 

Just been down this road mate and not easy but you have already worked that out but this is what I did. . . . . Firstly like many of us, I'm not adverse to some risk but want value for money yet want a policy fit for purpose

#1 Find the 3 most common medical issues of your breed

#2 Ask your vet practice manager ( not the vet nor front desk ) As you deal with insurance companies on a daily basis, who is the easiest you have found to deal with

#3 Check the comparison sites that meet answer #1 and if your vets choice is there then bingo if not pick one on price/risk

#4 Finally check BASC members offers, your bank offers, saga if your over 50 etc

Good luck

I insure my dogs for their first two years. I reckon by then the dangers associated with pups are past and you will have a good idea how healthy your dog is likely to be. I just used comparison sites and ended up using LV. With four dogs insurance is prohibitively expensive. The estate I work for covers injury itself and that is when they are at greatest risk.

whilst you are insuring I would always go for lifetime condition insurance.

i would say that over forty years I have never been paid out more than I have paid in but then perhaps I am just lucky.

Ok all many thanks for your help - compare the market has listed two bought by many policies both with life cover and seem to offer good value for money for cover . My shooting insurance is cpsa so not seen anything for dogs. Pet plan is costly ! 

So I think we will get a few quotes -  bank and e and l who I have a camera policy through.

bought by many have a 4K policy and a 7k policy for a quid or two more a month ! As posted above it feels to make sense to over pay a quid or two first couple of years just in case !

further comments and suggestions welcome and thanks for all your help !

Agriv8