Marriage allowance .co.uk (WARNING)

Davyo

PLEASE make your friend/family aware of this company!

They are poaching on Facebook and even popping up in adverts when people are on online gaming sites.With the promise of a claiming a refund though MA transfers.People are then sent a claim form,which is actually a Deed Of Assignment. Once this is signed it is very hard to get out of the binding contract.It can only be withdrawn or cancelled by HMRC if both parties write in with an agreement to cancel.THIS COMPANY IS TAKING 50% OF THE CLIENTS REFUND

99% of the customers i have spoken to  have not realised that  they have signed a DOA and the implications it has.Unlike a 64-8 (Agent authority) that can be withdrawn  with a simple phone call to HMRC.

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF CLAIMING MA ,THEN  PLEASE DO IT THROUGH HMRC OR THROUGH YOUR PERSONAL TAX ACCOUNT. (100% OF THE REFUND COMES TO YOU) IF YOU DONT HAVE A PERSONAL TAX ACCOUNT , THEN  YOU CAN CREATE ON BY GOING TO GOV.UK/PERSONAL TAX ACCOUNT.

The customer can legally assign a repayment to a third party using a deed or letter of assignment (DoA):

the assignee becomes the person legally entitled to the repayment

the assignment is legally binding

we are obliged to make the repayment to the person to whom it has been assigned (the assignee).

MA (marriage allowance)

From April 2015, eligible customers can transfer 10 per cent of their Personal Allowance to their spouse / civil partner – we call this transferring Marriage Allowance (MA).

Amount transferable

Income

• their partner (recipient) is not liable for higher rate tax
  • they (transferor) are currently not liable to tax-their current income is less than Personal Allowance (plus up to the maximum of the current start rate for savings)
  • the transfer's income is less than Personal allowance or more than Personal allowance less 10%
  • we accept applications from customers with less than 10 % of unused Personal Allowances to transfer, the transferor will become a taxpayer but their spouse/civil partner will pay less and as a couple they will pay less overall
  • Example 2016/17

Joy works as a part time DJ and earns £8,000 per year. Joys full Personal Allowance for the year is £11,000. She transfers £1,100 to her husband, Paul. She can now earn £9,900 before she pays tax. (Marriage Allowance is an ‘all or nothing transfer’) During 2016-17, she decides to put in a few extra shifts and her earnings go up to £10,500 this year. Joy’s extra shifts means she now earns £600 more than her Personal Allowance. This means she will pay basic-rate tax for the year of £120. Meanwhile, Paul gets an increase in his Personal Allowance of £1,100, so he'll get to keep an extra £220 (the 20% tax he would have had to pay). The net benefit to Joy and Paul is £100.

Please note that Marriage Allowance.co.uk. are not doing anything illegal.( THEY ARE HOWEVER NOT EXPLAINING THE CRITERIA,LEAVING THE TRANSFER-ER UNDERPAID AND WITH A TAX BILL WHEN THEY GIVE 10% OF THEIR PA TO THEIR SPOUSE/PARTNER ) Its down to the individual to be cautious and understand the implications and costs.These companies are not exhaustive and are targeting everything from Mileage claims to uniform tax (FRE'S ) flat rate expenses.

My wife and I have recently carried out the Marriage Allowance  procedure with HMRC and once you registered with them, which is bit lengthy but very secure, the whole procedure is straightforward. You can claim back transfers of your wifes' tax allowance to the the tax year 2015/16. Once the transfer is approved you can claim online and the money was paid into nominated bank account within five days. If you choose not to register it can take two months apparently to get a cheque.

Vic.

Edited by VicW

1 hour ago, VicW said:

My wife and I have recently carried out the Marriage Allowance  procedure with HMRC and once you registered with them, which is bit lengthy but very secure, the whole procedure is straightforward. You can claim back transfers of your wifes' tax allowance to the the tax year 2015/16. Once the transfer is approved you can claim online and the money was paid into nominated bank account within five days. If you choose not to register it can take two months apparently to get a cheque.

Vic.

This is how it should be done regardless of the type of tax repayment claim.The PTA is the taxpayers own personal portal.I did my lump sum pension refund through mine.From filling the form out to getting my refund took 9 days.There really is no need to get any 3rd party involved.Some of these claims firms are taking as much as 62p in every £1.

Edited by Davyo

1 minute ago, figgy said:

Not giving much back then are they 😂

Better in our pockets.

15/16 is the year it was introduced so nothing before that.However 15/16 will have to be claimed by 05/04/21.Like all tax rebates claims can only be max 5yrs.So every new tax year the earliest year falls off the Calander.

4 hours ago, figgy said:

Should be outlawed, bad practice.

I agree but we cant do anything about it.Some people just dont read the small print,they just see £££ signs.The amount of taxpayers that tell me they haven't signed anything is astonishing.Even though I tell them I'm looking at the DOA with their signature on it,and they still deny they signed it.I've even had to send them a digital scan of the DOA.When they do accept it,they then blame us for not withdrawing the DOA.We would like to do nothing better than withdraw the DOA but it's a legal binding contract between the claimant and the Claims company.A DOA can only be withdrawn if both parties agree in writing.We all know that these companies would not agree to that.

When a DOA is signed it is worded,I Mr Smith give unconditional authority for XXX to receive any income tax refund for tax years 15/16 16/17 17/18 18/19.What the taxpayer also doesn't understand is that the wording ANY tax refund doesn't just apply to Marrage allowance If the taxpayer is due another type of repayment during the years the DOA covers,then that is also lost to these vultures.

Edited by Davyo