A quick 21

dad

been a lot of pigeons on our rape lateley 7 fields in all all in one block, not been able to get to them because too wet to drive around and too far to walk with decoying kit so only been  standing in the trees around margins without too much success, after a couple of shots some land in trees on another field and any new comers seem to spot them from hundreds of yards away and go straight to them. We went on thursday and about 2000 were down feeding and in the trees halfway down one of the fields so i phoned the manager  and got permission to drive to it. They all left as i arrived and luckily flew back to the town and not to one of the other fields. I quickly set up with rotary and 10 shells and they soon started coming back but mostly ignoring deecs and landing in nearby trees first. Luckily a few came close enough and paid the penalty after about an hour disturbed birds started to go another field and the rest soon started too follow and by 2pm it was all over so in one and a half hours i picked up 21.

20200115_143439_compress7.jpg

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Reports on PW at the moment are far and few between , so getting a nice little bag in a short session give hope for the many who are finding it hard work at the present time .

Well done , and THANKS for sharing .

Its the new perm again nearly always plenty about getting round them is the problem it really needs 5 guns but only 1 or 2 will get shooting. I have had a few similar bags since december but didnt think worth reporting. I set up on a likely field and my mate takes the car and moves from field to field standing in the trees keeping them on the move but its been a bit to wet lately and we were asked not to drive about.

We have got pigeons but not in big numbers , when I say big numbers I would say 4/500 on one or two fields , down the marsh near me is some rape that is close to some farm buildings and private houses , on these fields there are a good 200 , instead of risking a complaint I go down and stand near the wood on a windy afternoon and get a few to give my dog a few retrieves , yesterday we had a game shoot on a good location for pigeons , we were out all day and in the woods around 4pm and if it was the first week of roost shooting we would have had very little shooting , mainly due to the calm conditions and the lack of the main ingredient.........Pigeons ........ GOOD LUCK over the next few days if you are out shooting again. 

We have a young man who shares this perm with us who never bothers to decoy he waits for a bit of wind puts a few string bangers out then hoes in a belt of trees puts a rotary on the out side  starts about 1pm and gets some going out and some coming home he shot 30 on thursday and regulary gets up to 60 shooting through the canopy this young man is probaly on of the best pigeon shooters i have ever seen i watched him shoot 40 2 weeks ago through the canopy for 55 shots and they were all 30yds plus  just a natural i suppose teally nice bloke too.