Sign in to follow this  
cervusman

Deer retrieve

A few years ago a friend had to shoot an injured deer that had just ran into a tidal river and without any hesitation his dog ran in and retrieved it.

EFDCEEA5-12DD-4DA1-8919-15AC789D96D9.jpeg

Edited by cervusman

wooow...........very interesting...my little sprockers would retrieve geese from water ...but that is awsome :good:...the dog should have been around when the Titanic went down...:lol:

Very impressive! :good:my Cocker used to retrieve geese and the occasional Hare.....but nowt like that!

fantastic dog shows some determination, reminds me of my old paterdale swimming back with a winged goose, unfortunately he let it go 4ft away

Once sent a big Labrador bitch I had into a plantation to find a Roe doe which had run at the shot. She emerged backwards dragging the roe.

That's a superb picture Cervixman. That dog would be worth its weight in gold to me.  I cant exactly see what sex that Melanistic  Fallow is?  But what I do know is that it  would of been approximately  in the region 45kg in weight.  Some feat for and good sized dog and which can only be admired. Nice :good:

Seeing is believing , and if someone had told me a dog can bring back a deer that look triple it size I would have had my doubts , that is some retrieve in anyone's book , on one of our shoots a couple of weeks back we had a gun who shot a Fox , when the drive was over his little Black Labrador bitch went out and picked it up as if it was a Partridge , that was also a good retrieve .......Thanks for sharing .

My old choccy lab would pull a roe along but that deer is at least twice the weight although floating, still magnificent.

3 hours ago, cervusman said:

It a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreiver. A toller for short.

That makes it more impressive still.

I was proud of my cocker retriving geese from water.... should show him this picture! Thst's brilliant, thanks for posting!

16 hours ago, Christian Sutton said:

That's a superb picture Cervixman. That dog would be worth its weight in gold to me.  I cant exactly see what sex that Melanistic  Fallow is?  But what I do know is that it  would of been approximately  in the region 45kg in weight.  Some feat for and good sized dog and which can only be admired. Nice :good:

That is an unfortunate predictive text mate..😄