Gordon Recoil system Cartridges

Are you referring to cartridges or to the Gordon System cases? I’ve never heard of Gordon System cartridges....but I currently use the Just cartridges game cartridges (gamebore?) loaded in a Gordon system case and rate them, soft shooting and do the job!....I have also home loaded non tox wildfowling loads in em, and they are excellent too!

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Are you referring to cartridges or to the Gordon System cases? I’ve never heard of Gordon System cartridges....but I currently use the Just cartridges game cartridges (gamebore?) loaded in a Gordon system case and rate them, soft shooting and do the job!....I have also home loaded non tox wildfowling loads in em, and they are excellent too!

If you are reloading the Gordon System cases how do you regenerate the crush washer?

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If you are reloading the Gordon System cases how do you regenerate the crush washer?

I loaded new cases from C&G when IC was running it Dave! Still have some left.....but was unaware of the presence of a “crush washer” or the need to “regenerate” same?....please explain!
Paul.

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I loaded new cases from C&G when IC was running it Dave! Still have some left.....but was unaware of the presence of a “crush washer” or the need to “regenerate” same?....please explain!
Paul.

+1, yes, please. I've read the bumpth on something called 'Hunting Spot' and apart from learning that apparently there''s a new type of recoil called "technical recoil" which I would imagine if you asked the author to explain it you'd get the same meaningless waffle as you did for how this magical system works.

2 minutes ago, wymberley said:

+1, yes, please. I've read the bumpth on something called 'Hunting Spot' and apart from learning that apparently there''s a new type of recoil called "technical recoil" which I would imagine if you asked the author to explain it you'd get the same meaningless waffle as you did for how this magical system works.

You are extremely switched on today, I think it is also known as marketing waffle or just bull ****!

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You are extremely switched on today, I think it is also known as marketing waffle or just bull ****!

Oh! I thought from your earlier post that you knew something about it:

" If you are reloading the Gordon System cases how do you regenerate the crush washer? "

and irrespective of whether or not you think they're any good you understand how they tell us they work. Haven't a clue is a fair answer/comment as that makes at least two of us and I suspect more.

1 hour ago, dipper said:

If they’re that good why don’t they us them in Dark Storm?.Just marketing,

Correct.

They call it the “system” in order to glorify what is essentially nothing but a tiny bit of compressible plastic designed to absorb some of the explosive forces ( presumably only once ), in practice there’s not a man alive who could tell the difference in a properly conducted blind test. There are just so many variables and so many ways of loading cartridges that pretending the system is detectable is nothing but marketing talk. 

5 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Correct.

They call it the “system” in order to glorify what is essentially nothing but a tiny bit of compressible plastic designed to absorb some of the explosive forces ( presumably only once ), in practice there’s not a man alive who could tell the difference in a properly conducted blind test. There are just so many variables and so many ways of loading cartridges that pretending the system is detectable is nothing but marketing talk. 

:good:In the unlikely event that this achieves anything in practical terms it's down to a combination of the wad and head. As suspected, the guy on 'Hunting Spot' who kept on about 'the case' is making it up as he goes along together with his "technical" recoil.

The Gordon recoil system cartridge case has been around for decades.

It seems to make hee haw difference to recoil felt.

I used the Maionchi (sp) all plastic coated cartridge for wild fowling 30 odd years ago and the SMI's for pigeons and noticed no difference except for price, thankfully the estate were paying.

Changed over to Alphamax cartridges and actually found them less punchy than the Gordon System.

• 3 weeks later...

They are not good cartridges in my opinion at all.

I took a load of game cartridges out to test with my dad and the Gordon recoil system gave the one of the worst recoils in our blind test selection.  Incidentally, the best cartridge we tested was the old fashioned green-cased Gamebore Super Game.  Clean burning, smooth shooting and decent shot weight, the wheel did not need reinventing when we tested it!

It's just fads, nobody tests anything yet every Gun repeats the same old dross at the dinner table about which cartridge is really good.  Nobody likes to be the odd one out so everybody agrees like sheep that whatever the fashionable cartridge is at the time is the best.