Gordon Recoil system Cartridges

13 minutes ago, Sarah sbs said:

They are not good cartridges in my opinion at all.

I took a load of game cartridges out to test with my dad and the Gordon recoil system gave the one of the worst recoils in our blind test selection.  Incidentally, the best cartridge we tested was the old fashioned green-cased Gamebore Super Game.  Clean burning, smooth shooting and decent shot weight, the wheel did not need reinventing when we tested it!

It's just fads, nobody tests anything yet every Gun repeats the same old dross at the dinner table about which cartridge is really good.  Nobody likes to be the odd one out so everybody agrees like sheep that whatever the fashionable cartridge is at the time is the best.  

As far as I know Gordon system are the cases not the cartridge! Its more likely any problems are more to do with what’s in the case, than the case itself!....most experienced guns judge a cartridge by the success they have with it........that is the best “test” of a cartridge!

Just now, panoma1 said:

As far as I know Gordon system are the cases not the cartridge! Its more likely any problems are more to do with what’s in the case, than the case itself!....most experienced guns judge a cartridge by the success they have with it........that is the best “test” of a cartridge!

Yes I know, B&P make them and Gamebore have the licence in the UK I suppose. 

If it's what's in the case that matters (and I totally agree with you on that) I see no reason to entertain the wee plastic disc gimmick.  The notion that it could provide any cushioning is absurd when you think about it.  

24 minutes ago, cardigun said:

Hi Panoma 1 and Sarah sbs,

You both say that the Gordon System has no effect on the cartridge load.  It must just be good advertising then !

I had not heard that the Case was not part of the cartridge.

?? I don’t think I said either of these things? 🤔