Mice!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

Unlucky mate just as you were getting underway with the testing, I would joke and say get an air arms but I cursed those as well. 

Yes I was enjoying trying the pellets out, I'd zeroed at 10, moved to 20 &25 with 30 & 35 at the ready.

Strange thing was how the pellet weights affect things, 8.4gr were 20 millimetres at 20mtrs but the weihrauch Magnums were only about 10mm high.

Everything seemed to be grouping from 4.50 to the 4.53.

I didn't get as far as chrono I was enjoying myself too much 👍

57 minutes ago, figgy said:

I'm thinking from his 10m zero, the pellets are shooting high as he moves further out towards his second zero. Different weights giving different poi.

But I could be completely off.

No your bang on Figgy, I just didn't expect such a difference over 10 mtrs with the light pellets, while the WM were a touch high.

Mice your second zero will be probable around 25-30 yards so your pellets are still rising from 10m the lighter pellets will print higher than heavier. Nothing out the ordinary, as stu said could be barrel harmonics.

Keep pushing the distances and see where they go and how they group.

Edited by figgy

12 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Got u  .

So according to cg. The difference in drop between the 8.44 s and 10.5 should be around 7 mm at 20 yds  

Barrel harmonics not withstanding of course  .

Cheers stu, I wouldn't have expected such a difference though.

12 hours ago, figgy said:

Mice your second zero will be probable around 25-30 yards so your pellets are still rising from 10m the lighter pellets will print higher than heavier. Nothing out the ordinary, as stu said could be barrel harmonics.

Keep pushing the distances and see where they go and how they group.

Yeah mate, I was expecting the second zero to be around 30, I just didn't expect a 20mm difference over 10mtrs, with everyone saying how flat shooting .177 is.

I'll probably change the zero once I get things running again.

So top graph is a typical zero for cal and trajectory .

Bottom graph is actual drop from muzzle  .

The blue line is a .177 sub 12 exact at 780 fps .(35 yd zero )

Green is a your hw magnum sub 12 at 30 yd zero .

You can see how the heavier pellet will strike lower if you make no difference to the zeros . 

Ignore the red and pink lines they are fac guns  

IMG_20200128_122816.jpg

IMG_20200128_122755.jpg

So the below graphs are just 8.44 grn exacts at 11.5 fpe  

If you zero at 15 yds your secondry zero will be 35 yds giving a nice flat trajectory from 10 - 40 ish yards  meaning you will only be 10 mm high at 25 yds and 12 mm low at 10 and 40 yds  

If you zero at 10 yds you fly about 40 mm high at 30 yds .your secomdry zero being about 50 yds  .

Which is kind of useles  in a hunting senario 

IMG_20200128_123901.jpg

IMG_20200128_123757.jpg

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Asked my local dealer if he could shed any light on your plight Mice, left the shop no wiser but with a 28G O/U in my arms - as it's your fault can you pm me your card details please. 

😮😮 all my money has been invested by a clever South African gentleman,  said he can get me a really good return. 

So I've admitted defeat,  I posted about the problem on the Agf Sunday night, hoping someone might come up with something else to help get the bolt out the way, I got a few suggestions but nothing worked.

Rifle is getting picked up on Friday by courier and going for a service and tune.

Then I can start again. 

Guy called the logunator, he's on the Agf and bbs, lots of threads and feedback saying what a good job he's done on peoples rifles. 

I tried jiggling from every direction and nothing seemed to want to move, from the videos I've watched it's like you said Stu, if the bolt moves back you can get at the bolt to strip everything,  but with a couple of busy weekends coming up it's just going to frustrate me,  better to send it away and get it sorted. 

Also sending the Axsor as well, get that serviced at the same time.

I'll be spoilt for choice 😊

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Happy that it's getting sorted, but is this guy a business or a hobbyist? - if the latter then (and I mean him no disrespect) if anything goes tuts up, you will be in a sticky situation.

I've checked out what I can, like I said he's on the Agf and bbs plus the Logun site, said he's done a 1000 plus services over the last 9 years, lots of good feed back.

I get the feeling he does it around work but knows his stuff.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I've checked out what I can, like I said he's on the Agf and bbs plus the Logun site, said he's done a 1000 plus services over the last 9 years, lots of good feed back.

I get the feeling he does it around work but knows his stuff.

hello, i would not hesitate to send an air rifle to him,

57 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i would not hesitate to send an air rifle to him,

Cheers Old PP, he told me to google him and see what he does, all sorts of threads on different rifles were coming up going back to 2014 that I could find. Everything I found was happy people recommending him.