Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mice!

New gun day 😁

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Cheers Old PP, he told me to google him and see what he does, all sorts of threads on different rifles were coming up going back to 2014 that I could find. Everything I found was happy people recommending him.

hello, ok keep us posted when you get rifles back ? cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20200207_210729.jpg.3dd6e271a04d32f3ed1825a37fe86e41.jpg

Two rifles ( just the actions, no stocks) packed up and shipped today. Might as well post two for the price of one.

I'll do a separate thread when I get everything back working like a dream, I hope 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guns are at home waiting for me😁😁

They would have been back last week but I asked him to keep hold of them while we were away.

And its going to rain all weekend 😭😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely mate, I can shoot from in the garage I just don't want to be trudging up and down the sodden garden, I'll try to zero and leave it at that till we get some dry weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Guns are at home waiting for me😁😁

They would have been back last week but I asked him to keep hold of them while we were away.

And its going to rain all weekend 😭😭

hello, thats good news, let us know how you get on,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, figgy said:

Bet you can't wait, to get them all up and zeroed. Start your pellet testing again earnest.

Been blowing a gale here today, we were out at a kids party, same again tomorrow with rain forecast,  I'm thinking I'll just put some pellets through her, use the 8.44 while I see how things are. I've put the Simmons on as well.

How is your FX?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

My BSA Scorpion T-10 fitted by Ratworks with a regulator likes Bisley Magnum. And so do I after seeing the groups it makes with them.

I was given a tin the other week, I've got 2 tins of jsb and 1 AA in 8.44 so I'll shoot some of those, use them to get things settled. 

I read a really good review of AA Express 7.88, really made me think about using a lighter pellet, guy used 5 pellets light to heavy and recorded speed and energy from ten to 50 meters,  made really good reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Been blowing a gale here today, we were out at a kids party, same again tomorrow with rain forecast,  I'm thinking I'll just put some pellets through her, use the 8.44 while I see how things are. I've put the Simmons on as well.

How is your FX?

Back with the dealer and hopefully now in the hands of SGC being sorted. I'll ring them next week make sure the shop has sent it sometime this past week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to put a few mags through today,  everything felt smooth and nice, as it should do.

Sunny but windy out, gusting right to left then into my face, but I had to put some pellets through and see how things felt.

20200223_163140.jpg.3b4d6b6aa91a2ff6cfbd18a31bcdfad9.jpg

only 20mtrs, only using 7mag seems strange, tried a few bisley mags but they didn't seem to go well. Otherwise very happy,  wind wasn't helping but things felt nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Does David Nickerson want fries with that?

:lol:, Mice did it like bis mags before the tune? When I owned a hw100 I had the reg worked on and jsb heavies went from hero to zero 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More tests yet mice. Hope when you find the most accurate you can buy lots of the same batch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ttfjlc said:

:lol:, Mice did it like bis mags before the tune? When I owned a hw100 I had the reg worked on and jsb heavies went from hero to zero 

I hadn't tried them, Mick gave me a tin so I thought I'd try them, only did one msg, everything else was AADF, I just wanted to run a few mags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the bisley mags very good for general plinking and vermin, find the baracuda match give a very similar performance, if I am pushing and want true pellet on pellet performance found nothing to beat baracuda ft

BSA R10 Mk11, .177  carbine.  black pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.177 pellets to try  in a bsa pcp.

Jsb exact 4.35   ,Bismags   , hunter extreems , barracuda ft  , qys streamlined 8.5 and 9.5 grns 

Jsb  heavies 10.3 grn 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, itchy trigger said:

I find the bisley mags very good for general plinking and vermin, find the baracuda match give a very similar performance, if I am pushing and want true pellet on pellet performance found nothing to beat baracuda ft

BSA R10 Mk11, .177  carbine.  black pepper

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

.177 pellets to try  in a bsa pcp.

Jsb exact 4.35   ,Bismags   , hunter extreems , barracuda ft  , qys streamlined 8.5 and 9.5 grns 

Jsb  heavies 10.3 grn 

 

 

 

Everything I tried the other week was looking good really,  see what a calm day or indoors changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...