To bong or not to bong..

Walker570

Letter in the Telegraph today came up with a great idea.   Everyone attending the doo at Westminster to take along their own bells and all ring them at 12 midnight.

Even better everyone celbrating whereever find a bell and ring it as a few million bells ringing throught the country should be awesome.

Edited by Walker570

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Letter in the Telegraph today came up with a great idea.   Everyone attending the doo at Westminster to take along their own bells and all ring them at 12 midnight.

Even better everyone celbrating whereever find a bell and ring it as a few million bells ringing throught the country should be awesome.

I was planning a large firework!

9 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

My wife suggested that we ring all the church bells at the allotted time all over the country not just the capital. 

I like that one, I'm sure I heard it would cost 500k to ring big Ben's bell, so church bells everywhere works for me.

£500,000 for one bong, no the wonder Boris is changing his mind. What's wrong with getting a guy, a sledgehammer a set of ladders and a mobile phone. come the allotted time one call and the chap uses his sledgehammer to get a bong and give him £100 notes for his trouble.

Simples or am I missing something.

6 minutes ago, Sha Bu Le said:

£500,000 for one bong, no the wonder Boris is changing his mind. What's wrong with getting a guy, a sledgehammer a set of ladders and a mobile phone. come the allotted time one call and the chap uses his sledgehammer to get a bong and give him £100 notes for his trouble.

Simples or am I missing something.

Lord Geordie has already offered!

All they need to do is chip in out of their expenses.Wasting 500k on a stupid dong when the NHS is in a mess and schools are dropping to bits.Looks like things will never change  we will still be waiting millions on feckless ideas.

Edited by Davyo

3 hours ago, B725 said:

There was a tory MP on the news the other day and he said that the cost was actually 14k at new years eve not the 500k there are claiming now, I think it should be done. 

Quite possibly true, but then again they knew the bell would be rung at New Year.  The work was presumably scheduled to accomodate this occasion.