One choice ?

islandgun

If you had to choose just one gun from your ownership past or present which one would it be and why, Perhaps controversially mines a McNab 20g, Light and responsive it suits my need for walked up woodcock and close range fowling and all things in between.. [pics welcome]  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, bluesj said:

If we are talking guns as in shotguns and not firearms in general then it would probably be my Parker Hale, it just works and would look out of place on a clay ground or on a pheasant shoot.

Any bluesj.  and you could put a "not" in your sentence ..😉

2 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Any bluesj.  and you could put a "not" in your sentence ..😉

Good point well made! Although with me at the blunt end it could look out of place anywhere 😉

If it was just 1 from the safe it would have to be .357 mag/.38 special under leaver, only because I could still do my job and pay the bills.

14 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Fraid not ,islandgun, never used to bother......plonker (me, that is!)

was it like this

STEPHEN-GRANT-Island-Lock-Underlever-Hammer-Gun-12-gauge-30inch-bbls_100977531_14961_E8A11A496285116C.jpg.1c966b3b84be4a08454f10f834108367.jpg

2 hours ago, bluesj said:

Good point well made! Although with me at the blunt end it could look out of place anywhere 😉

If it was just 1 from the safe it would have to be .357 mag/.38 special under leaver, only because I could still do my job and pay the bills.

one of these ?

Marlin-07.jpg.db069c2f99cf5c42d4454f9b7f6737fd.jpg.740bfc1eb26e900491e5ae0ec0a023e7.jpg

17 minutes ago, retromlc said:

Either my Browning ultra XS prestige, but ultimately my Perazzi MX8. Had it 7 year's

this one?

180830151506507-1.jpg.6154e4e31393b26b8dc8b9096afb0e94.jpg

47 minutes ago, London Best said:

The ultimate all rounder (surely that is why we are discussing this?) has to be a double barrelled gun (you choose the configuration) which is a twelve bore with 70mm chambers. That gives maximum versatility.

Not 3” chamber? Modern OU’s have 3” and are still good all-rounders. Can be shooting 21g carts one day and 36g duck carts the next.