Hello From South Northumberland

Dcd87

Hi Everyone,

New pigeon shooter here, 32 years of age from Blyth in Northumberland.

Managed to secure myself a 170 acre permission near Morpeth for pest and vermin control and have had a few outings up there over the last few weeks

Currently have Shotgun cert but have an FAC application in process as also have access to a 2000 acre estate in Durham with a syndicate i have managed to get a place on.

Looking for members close to myself that i may be able to steal some advice from.

I have been reading a lot of the posts regarding hide setup, decoy positions etc, and have been trying to apply these in the field. I have spent a good few hours on the farm doing reconnaissance and have had a few half dozen bags. Nothing consistent yet but am hoping to gain more experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Dcd87 said:

Hi Everyone,

New pigeon shooter here, 32 years of age from Blyth in Northumberland.

Managed to secure myself a 170 acre permission near Morpeth for pest and vermin control and have had a few outings up there over the last few weeks

Currently have Shotgun cert but have an FAC application in process as also have access to a 2000 acre estate in Durham with a syndicate i have managed to get a place on.

Looking for members close to myself that i may be able to steal some advice from.

I have been reading a lot of the posts regarding hide setup, decoy positions etc, and have been trying to apply these in the field. I have spent a good few hours on the farm doing reconnaissance and have had a few half dozen bags. Nothing consistent yet but am hoping to gain more experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Hi Dcd87, welcome to pigeon watch ,new hear myself ,  but not new to the dark art of the pigeon, what specific advice were you after, I am quite local NW Durham.Happy to offer any help if required,  well done with your new permissions,and good shooting. All the best Paul.

On 19/01/2020 at 19:46, Paul5tag said:

Hi Dcd87, welcome to pigeon watch ,new hear myself ,  but not new to the dark art of the pigeon, what specific advice were you after, I am quite local NW Durham.Happy to offer any help if required,  well done with your new permissions,and good shooting. All the best Paul.

Thanks very much Paul. I’m heading out tomorrow (Tuesday) for 4-5 hours from 9am after dropping my boys at school.

Hopefully get a couple in the bag.

• 2 months later...