Altberg country boot range

Harry136

Does anyone have any of these boots? Looking at buying a pair, going to be used for clays, rough and game shooting and stalking. I used Altbergs in the army and they were quite good. I know there are probably better boots for what I need, ie Mendel or Lowa, but I have very wide feet and need the extra wide width fitting. Plus I live an hour away so came get them fitted exactly!

Edited by Harry136

I bought new defenders for kicking about walking dogs etc, Great boots, and very comfy and light  - my only complaint is how quick the soles / heels wear out, which has put me off them, which is a real shame. if you have a pair don't go past the black heel or they become uneconomical to repair. I sent mine back to Richmond thinking they would be completely resoled after getting a quote, but I didn't realise i shouldn't have went past the black heel, as I have said previously, I am sure their keepers boots are great though. I will stick with my Meinrels and brand eccosse for now

G fit is the wide last they do but only a couple of boots in the range.

I asked them to make me a pair of Hogg's high leg all weather motorcycle boots in brown, as country boots for the higher leg. They said no, I asked why as they do custom.boits so can I have a country boot with the a higher leg, said no again.

Hope you have better luck.