Bercow nominated for a peerage

JohnfromUK

1 minute ago, strimmer_13 said:

Slightly off topic but I watched 3 of our guys de-ice a peugeot partner van this morning for 15 mins. I suggested a match, but that doesn't keep with council policy apparently 

Council rules and policies can get pretty daft at times , they usually start off in the right place , but then have to encompass everyone,  and then just get daft. I'm not even allowed to top up my washer bottle on my truck , because I don't have the right training , the fact that I spent 15 years working as a mechanic (some of that time on heavy goods vehicles ) means nothing.

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Council rules and policies can get pretty daft at times , they usually start off in the right place , but then have to encompass everyone,  and then just get daft. I'm not even allowed to top up my washer bottle on my truck , because I don't have the right training , the fact that I spent 15 years working as a mechanic (some of that time on heavy goods vehicles ) means nothing.

hello, here is a true story, the lock keeper in Abingdon, a truly great  young man and credit to the boat users decided to make an extra concrete base as when the bin lorry came they had to drive over the grass edge, so lock keeper and friends started digging out for a concrete base until a jobs worth EA manager came to visit and put a stop to the work, its not in a lock keepers remit, oh and when they wanted to do afternoons teas the EA wanted 25% of takings