Woke!

panoma1

Anyone watch QT last week? Laurence Fox has caused quite a stir, by calling out the “woke”.........his comments are hopefully the start of a kickback against “snowflakes” and the “right on” PC/race/protectionist/vegan/anti this that or the other, extremist zealots which currently pervade society....and who are, like it or not, constantly forcing their personal views on others!.....Packham and his extremist ilk are an example of “woke”.......

Mr Fox appears to be getting a lot of support for the views he is expressing......I confess I find them a breath of fresh air!........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Walker570 said:

Please explain to a NORMAL 79 yaer old what all this WOKE garbage is about. Yes I read all the stuff on Laurence Fox this morning and he seems to be a right sort of guy.

Woke apparently is derived from an African American slang word for “awake”.........as in someone “woke up” 

These “Woke” people claim to be awake (unlike others!) to racism, sexism, discrimination, inequality, social injustice etc........more like self-righteous virtue signalling! “I’m more politically right on” (I know better) than you!

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

is it anything to do with WENKING

Best ask the “Gypsy King” about that! :whistling:

10 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Pathetic people

I and many people seem to agree Neville.....this could be the start of calling out these snowflakes, who are ruining this country! For too long ordinary people have been oppressed, keeping their mouths shut, and scared to give opinion......for fear of being ripped to pieces by the “woke” politically correct! Bullying zealots!

9 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I see he has had the self-proclaimed 'Woke' Lily Allen having a hypocritical pop at him as well.

Oh! They will all come out of the woodwork now, trying protect their pathetic PC,  “woke” philosophy......from the real thoughts of real people in the real world!

41 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

No, that is the posh version.....like Sex, the articles the coal man delivers in.

what like ............."Grahammm........the coalmans here and asks if can empty his sacs in your coal hole now ....."

it took me months to realise that Stephenie wasnt dropping off Binky and Lucien at the "cresh".....she was talking about a smack up between 2 soft top XR4 i's in Knightsbridge

ohhh im so foolish.......

14 hours ago, del.gue said:

Woke... another BS word invented by the "right on set"

Not quite. It was taken from conspiracy theorists originally (as I remember). They wanted everyone to "wake up" to the gub'nm'nt etc.

Then the lefties on YouTube were all banging on about being awake, woken up, seeing the word for what it really is.

Woke to me was a dig at those who thought they'd got it all figured out because they'd watched a Netflix documentary on pigs. they "Got Woke"

Then they took the term on themselves as some kind of badge of honour!

Even Burger King are taking the proverbial with their new meat-less burger advert :D

33 minutes ago, henry d said:

Way back in the 70-80's Paulo Freire was using the word "conscientization" which has a similar meaning; being aware of the things (both physical and social constraints) that are holding you back from attaining your full potential.

that is sooo me ...........:lol:

17 minutes ago, henry d said:

No I had finished, don't start again until 2pm

So do tell, what is it you are now aware of and how did you become aware of them?

i am now aware ...compared to the young people today ...i am redundant and stupid and i should not be allowed to vote......so i have now awoke to being woke...........

it is like a new dawn

3 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

Not quite. It was taken from conspiracy theorists originally (as I remember). They wanted everyone to "wake up" to the gub'nm'nt etc.

Then the lefties on YouTube were all banging on about being awake, woken up, seeing the word for what it really is.

Woke to me was a dig at those who thought they'd got it all figured out because they'd watched a Netflix documentary on pigs. they "Got Woke"

Then they took the term on themselves as some kind of badge of honour!

Even Burger King are taking the proverbial with their new meat-less burger advert :D

Thank you for the explanation. 

I guess i cant be "woke" because i dont follow the lefty doctrine... or because im too old to be bothered. 😁