Air Arms tx200 hc

L.C.

Hi. I've finally decided to go with the air arms tx200 hc. But, being quite a new shooter I don't know anything about oiling,greasing etc. and maintainance to keep the gun in perfect working condition so have you guys got any tips to share or impart your wisdom upon a novice?Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Hello L.C, welcome to the forum.

I have a TX200 and as others will tell you, they need very little maintainance, exept for drying off with clean cloth before putting it away.

Imho, better to send it off for a service occasionaly than tamper with it yourself .

I have had mine 4 years now and its in mint condition, its had two services and accounted for a lot of bunnies

The old adage springs to mind "if it aint broke dont mend it ".

They are a nice bit of kit ,enjoy using it, and good hunting.

Regards Sutty :rolleyes: :blink:

Haven't got it yet. Was looking around for prices and scopes etc. then saw the pro sport! Then I saw stirrup-style pumps for pcps n started wonderin about gettin 1. So back to square 1! Turns out i havent made up my mind. Any body got any advice to offer? I was looking at air arms s410 etc. but are there any better pcps for novices?

The air arms s200 sure its not got the 10 round mag of the s410 but its light weight & compact & cheap to boot for a pcp. Shot 1 on quite a few times & i cant fault it they start off at about £230 with out silencer or scope or about £300 with scope the silencer is about another £38 on top of that.

LC:

I prefer springers because of simplicity of use. No need to pump the gun or carry air tanks with you. But I did consider the PCP. If I was to buy one, I would agree with Gamebag and get the S200. It is light, less than 6 pounds, and compact, less than 36 inches long. Great rifle for the price. Power is adjustable and the .22 can get up to 20 FPE

if you want a rifle for hunting i would strongly recomend a pre charged for many reasons

the siliencers are much better and if there are multiple rabbits in the area u can often shoot 3 or 4 before they know wat is happening

u have 10 shot mags so its ideal for the above

less recoil

as u probally know pre charged are better for hunting

i would reccomend the s410 for hunting. the s200 is light weight but only has 1 shot and it does about 10foot pound unlike the s410 u can pick a s220 up foe bout 250 new and s410 bout 450