Motorcycle Insurance - I don't get it!!

bruno22rf

Sold my Duke 996 just over 3 years ago but now, after meeting an old chum who's mad on biking, I've got the bug again. Languishing in the back of my shed is a 1998 XV1100 Virago that I bought in 2014, rode a couple of times, before spraying with WD40 and forgetting about her - to cut a long story short I have dragged her out, had her serviced and repaired (Tank full of rust, Mice in the Air Filter, Mice eaten some of the wiring and a dead battery) and begun to put her back on the road - here's the bit I'm struggling with.....last time she was Insured I had 9 years no claims so was expecting a bit of a hike - was £96 comprehensive in 2016.......4 years later with no no claims the price is £74!!!

I don't know what happened with mine then, just traded a vfr in , the insurance wouldn't quote me for a Honda Africa twin, but would for a ktm which was more expensiver, has more power and more prone to theft. still stuffed me on the mid policy change, I still can't walk straight. i'm 48 and a half years old now and I thought this was supposed to get cheaper?