Six Nations

bumpy22

There's a report in the Times today that has the England team saying that they hate the Scots. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Scotland Vs England is the highlight of my rugby year - particularly at Murrayfield- and it's be  a shame if all this nonsense started with the Scots. It's already pretty much ruined Wales vs England as a spectacle for me. 

Good hard rugby, played out in front of a exuberant crowd that knows where the line is will do me nicely. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a fair bit of hatred from the family in front of me all the years I spent at Murrayfield supporting England, even when I was there as a neutral (ish) supporter at all the other games. The nut-jobs next to me just slapped me on the back and we exchanged swigs from each others hip flasks.

All part of the build up by Eddie

42 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Cant see past a England win. But then I thought that last week lol. I think it will be a interesting first 20 minutes 

That's it, Scotland at home have to be fired up, we should win at a canter, but that first half against France has to be giving the players nightmares,  and the second half still wasn't great.

Hopefully Scotland suffer the backlash and we play both halves not like last year.

Wales and Ireland should be a great game.

39 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

There's a report in the Times today that has the England team saying that they hate the Scots. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Scotland Vs England is the highlight of my rugby year - particularly at Murrayfield- and it's be  a shame if all this nonsense started with the Scots. It's already pretty much ruined Wales vs England as a spectacle for me. 

Good hard rugby, played out in front of a exuberant crowd that knows where the line is will do me nicely. 

Spot on, its been my favourite game as long as I can remember,  you want them to play with passion and aggression but no need for hate.

I really enjoyed watching Scotland v England at Murrayfield, the game was poor but the banter and night out was great.

42 minutes ago, kingsy18 said:

Very quiet here,opinions on today's matches

Ireland win by a small margin, SvE I have no idea. I think Eddie is experimenting with his squad and I am not convinced with the back row and hoping that the outside centre/wingers/full back set up starts to work. Some hefty fellas on the bench so Eddie may be expecting a tight game with less kicking due to the weather.

I'd go with what Henry said, Ireland just because of home advantage,  I'm expecting England to win, but that performance or lack of against France still worries me. 

I want to see the England that spanked Australia and New Zealand not the one from South Africa and France.

21 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Just seen in the paper that South Africa will be joining the 6 nations after the next world cup making it 7 teams

Can that possibly be true? 

They are part of the very best international competition along with New Zealand, Australia and Argentina. Why would they give that up to play Italy? Just think of the logistics.

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Deserved winners. Stopped Wales getting any form of momentum - and when they did, they seemed to drop the ball anyway! It's shaping up to be a very interesting table. Will Wales rue that missed bonus point from dropping the ball on the try line?

That was a big Improvement from the first game against Scotland.

Yeah I'm sure they will but it was a fair call. Sort of swung the momentum in Irelands favour and especially after that late turnover that got Ireland pumped.

Looking forward to the next clash.

Edited by SuperGoose75