Six Nations

bumpy22

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just in from the aviva,,and got to say great match,,both teams got what they deserved if that makes cence very equal for most of it ireland vastly improved from last match which would not be hard,no idea how they saw the ball for Ireland try even us in ground couldn't see it,we knew it was in there somewhere....but a good day was had by all,

Now off to Twickenham will be interesting.......

rugby just gets better and better as the tournament goes on  (its not football)  a good clean respectful game hard won  what's not to like       both sides in the same pub after no dramas   my daughter is in Dublin for a few days she cant believe the atmosphere with Ireland and wales supporters      a clean game hard won  is sportsmanship in my opinion    win or loose   have a pint after  no dramas 

Edited by Saltings

3 hours ago, powler said:

England were lucky Scotland's lineout was terrible, they lost a lot of territory from kicking straight out. Shame about the booing aswell, a bit embarrassing for real rugby fans.

Loved the Ellis Genge interview at the end.

Mick

YES the booing was well out of order keep that **** behaviour to football please, as for Italy today I think they are in for a hiding from France.

16 minutes ago, JDog said:

The Irish deserved to win. The England game was ruined by the weather.

No one should be surprised by the Scottish crowd booing. The Scots, the Irish and the Welsh all truly hate the English when it comes to rugby.

Jesus Christ,i've now got a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat:whistling:

1 hour ago, JDog said:

No one should be surprised by the Scottish crowd booing. The Scots, the Irish and the Welsh all truly hate the English when it comes to rugby.

Yup. Sad really. I've felt it's not been as bad from Scotland, but you have to wonder about some Welsh supporters that would have to question which is better, to win the championship or to beat England. Must be quite a hollow support if it's so taken up with being defined by another nation. 

Shame the women's game got the axe today, but probably the right call. I'm not sure what it'd be like trying to kick a ball in an open stadium - with 70mph winds blowing! Still, it's a postponement, not a cancellation, so the Slam's still on there.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Couldn't care less about the booing. Throwing bottles is unacceptable.

On 08/02/2020 at 13:55, JDog said:

Can that possibly be true? 

They are part of the very best international competition along with New Zealand, Australia and Argentina. Why would they give that up to play Italy? Just think of the logistics.

I haven't read the full article,  says negotiations are on going?

2 hours ago, JDog said:

I don't remember anyone booing the kicker before?

I've only seen the second half of Scotland v England at my brothers, looked very messy.

Watched the Ireland v Wales game earlier,  very good game, I didn't know Mike Catt was at Ireland as well, certainly makes the game at Twickenham in two weeks time interesting. 

Ireland certainly look good to me.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Good game, enjoyed that. 👍

Yeah. For twenty minutes in the second half I thought Italy had a shot at something extraordinary. France completely went off the boil.Two or three times I was thinking 'If Italy get the next score...' But that usually led to another French try! 

I think that's 24 Six Nations defeats on the spin. Ouch.

Edited by chrisjpainter

41 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yeah. For twenty minutes in the second half I thought Italy had a shot at something extraordinary. France completely went off the boil.Two or three times I was thinking 'If Italy get the next score...' But that usually lead to another French try! 

Yeah, must admit I always feel sorry for Italy, and was cheering them on when it looked like they might turn it over. 

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yeah. For twenty minutes in the second half I thought Italy had a shot at something extraordinary. France completely went off the boil.Two or three times I was thinking 'If Italy get the next score...' But that usually led to another French try! 

That'll be when I started watching the game🙈🙈🙈 you lot said what a good game it was so I put it on🤨🤨

Thought Ireland were a massively improved team yesterday than their performance against us the week before.

Glad I watched the Scotland v England game from the couch rather than Murrayfield where I would have spent a fortune , got soaked and watched a shocking game. Weather kind of spoiled it and you want to see free flowing exciting rugby , neither team can claim they achieved that. England took their chances and Scotland didn't . 

I do think we should respect the kicker but I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference as they are already in the zone. 

The litter on the pitch is just blown on as it's all plastic , plastic pints , wine glasses and bottles. 

Eddie Jones is on the wind up all the time , from not talking in mid week interviews to putting Ellis out with a beer to do the post match interview . He cultivates controversy the whole time and uses it to deflect from his teams performance .

By allowing players to talk of hate and war fare mid week is he really surprised the crowd boo the kicker.???

I don't think as rugby supporting Scots we hate any of the other nations teams , supporters or coaches , we do struggle with the BBC bias.

Enjoy the rugby and the beer . 🍻