Six Nations

bumpy22

4 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Hey if you can get away with it you do but you dont drop your head to get knocked out to get a penalty 

Exactly this, you would not risk a head knock just to get a penalty especially with the HIA requiring you to leave the pitch you would effectively take yourself out the game. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Just googled Marler, I did see that and laughed, I thought he'd flicked him probably trying to unsettle AWJ

i'm afraid it was more than a flick more like 5 seconds fondling AWJ we are trying to bring children and young ladies into the game even a mixed game and that doesn't look very good.

The WRU wont take kindly to that sort of thing and for Marlar its not his first misconduct with them. You wouldn't want your daughter or son coming  home after a game and saying  a player on the other team fondled him or her there would be hell to pay  

24 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

i'm afraid it was more than a flick more like 5 seconds fondling AWJ we are trying to bring children and young ladies into the game even a mixed game and that doesn't look very good.

The WRU wont take kindly to that sort of thing and for Marlar its not his first misconduct with them. You wouldn't want your daughter or son coming  home after a game and saying  a player on the other team fondled him or her there would be hell to pay  

If it's as bad as that I cant believe AWJ didn't crack him, I was expecting stamping or gouging when people mentioned a front tower.

As for a mixed game, I cant see that happening other than at school maybe,  men and women are far to different physically for rugby.

So what about the chop tackle??

It's rugby for Heaven's sake - It's a big violent, aggressive game where testosterone takes over and little lambs turn into tigers (and vice versa). It happens and you cannot stop it or sanitize it and i frankly don't want it sanitized - It's nothing new - Remember the 99 call on the Lions 1974 SA tour? Tim Rodber punching seven bells out of Erasmus in 94? England playing Wales in the 1980 Five nations game? 

As a kid, that was the stuff that completely attracted me to rugby in the first place and kept me playing it for over 20 years

1 minute ago, Fatcatsplat said:

It's rugby for Heaven's sake - It's a big violent, aggressive game where testosterone takes over and little lambs turn into tigers (and vice versa). It happens and you cannot stop it or sanitize it and i frankly don't want it sanitized - It's nothing new - Remember the 99 call on the Lions 1974 SA tour? Tim Rodber punching seven bells out of Erasmus in 94? England playing Wales in the 1980 Five nations game? 

As a kid, that was the stuff that completely attracted me to rugby in the first place and kept me playing it for over 20 years

Yes, but Wales are losing now so the toys are out the pram ;)

21 minutes ago, Mice! said:

If it's as bad as that I cant believe AWJ didn't crack him, I was expecting stamping or gouging when people mentioned a front tower.

As for a mixed game, I cant see that happening other than at school maybe,  men and women are far to different physically for rugby.

School level i meant sry

8 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

That was then this is now i don't make the rules i am expected to abide by them i use to carry my shotgun over my shoulder up the mountain but not now it's the law

28 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Which chop tackle the one on your side or mine as i said Farrell gets away with it all the time and as i said hey if you can get away with it all the best the great richie mccaw done it for years because he got away with it  

25 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Which chop tackle the one on your side or mine as i said Farrell gets away with it all the time and as i said hey if you can get away with it all the best the great richie mccaw done it for years because he got away with it  

I was wondering how rose tinted your glasses were 🤣🤣

So Marler gets a ban, fair enough. Tualagi gets a ban, seems a bit unfair after a red card. Parkes gets away scot free with a dangerous high tackle and Eddie Jones gets a rollicking for calling out bias. Are the BBC running rugby union now too? 

Edited by Demonic69

Just looked now, I'm not surprised Joe got a ban, it was clear what he did, they don't want it in the game so fair enough.

Manu getting a red should have been enough, I'm still not convinced it was a red, its rugby your tackling moving players.

Why is it manu red card is enough but every other player in rugby who gets a red card also get a ban afterwards like sam warburton in the world cup same as the french player last week he will get a ban the law is the law weather we like it or not if there is no punishment we will go back to the old days its about player safety

That red could have cost England the game, it took about 5 minutes of slow motion replays to say yes or no, he was tackling a player who was being tackled for me the red was enough,  the tackle didn't make you cringe, no Wales players ran in.

Rugby is a contact sport, by all means look after the players but if it carries on it won't be rugby any more.

Well im afraid if thats the way the law goes so be it when i was playing it was a free for all if you fell wrong side of ruck you got rucked out of there and you didnt fall the wrong side again when 99 got shouted you hit the first player beside you. Players in them days was not built like they are nowadays so player safety is parramount in todays game

6 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Well im afraid if thats the way the law goes so be it when i was playing it was a free for all if you fell wrong side of ruck you got rucked out of there and you didnt fall the wrong side again when 99 got shouted you hit the first player beside you. Players in them days was not built like they are nowadays so player safety is parramount in todays game

First time I played union I was told roll on your side put the ball down and cover your head!! After one ruck you understood why.

Yes players safety is important but if there not careful there won't be any contact allowed, and I do think some players are ducking in tackles to draw penalties,  but you wouldn't do it with Manu coming in!!

15 hours ago, Mice! said:

First time I played union I was told roll on your side put the ball down and cover your head!! After one ruck you understood why.

Yes players safety is important but if there not careful there won't be any contact allowed, and I do think some players are ducking in tackles to draw penalties,  but you wouldn't do it with Manu coming in!!

its going like football, magic sponge will appear soon.

Edited by blackbird

• 7 months later...