Owls hoot target club

Stephen-H

16 hours ago, Dead-Eyed Duck said:

It has permanently closed at the Warrington venue.

I understand that the owner is looking at the possibility of setting up elsewhere (near Chester?), but nothing has been decided yet.

Hope they can get a new venue set up soon I liked the lay out at warrington.

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I will not miss it in the slightest.

How come? Im running out of localish shoots from the stockport area in the last few years the little mill shooting ground has closed that was only 20 minutes away from me & then cold springs in buxton and now owls hoot in warrington. 

How come?

On our last visit, we were plagued by no birds. We told the owner, who was moving around the stands. He wasn't concerned, but when we came to pay, we were told they accepted 10% no birds, whereas we had about 15%+. We pointed out that we had already alerted the owner. The woman in question made it sound as if she was doing us a favour allowing 10%. I told her we would pay for what we had shot, no more. It left a bad taste. We never returned

Near Stockport - shot at Cold Springs, Doveholes, Quarnford, Middle Farm Bredbury, the Little Mill, the Boar and Charlesworth. All were far better grounds than Owls Hoot. 

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

On our last visit, we were plagued by no birds. We told the owner, who was moving around the stands. He wasn't concerned, but when we came to pay, we were told they accepted 10% no birds, whereas we had about 15%+. We pointed out that we had already alerted the owner. The woman in question made it sound as if she was doing us a favour allowing 10%. I told her we would pay for what we had shot, no more. It left a bad taste. We never returned

Near Stockport - shot at Cold Springs, Doveholes, Quarnford, Middle Farm Bredbury, the Little Mill, the Boar and Charlesworth. All were far better grounds than Owls Hoot. 

Can understand your point then! Very annoying 

Bredbury - litte mill - cold springs all gone . charlesworth , quanford just googled them looks like they have gone also 

Only leaves old glossop -  the boar at crowden 

Star gun club at lyme 

The wild boar at macclesfield 

Holmes chapel & Mickley hall 

Only leaves old glossop

The club was formed as Charlesworth Gun Club and later moved to Glossop - now renamed "Old Glossop".

Star gun club at lyme 

Holmes chapel

Shot all of those too.

John Webster runs Rixton GC on the East Lancs. Top lad and well worth a visit.

Edited by Gordon R

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/01/2020 at 18:41, Stephen-H said:

Can understand your point then! Very annoying 

Bredbury - litte mill - cold springs all gone . charlesworth , quanford just googled them looks like they have gone also 

Only leaves old glossop -  the boar at crowden 

Star gun club at lyme 

Holmes chapel & Mickley hall 

Holmes Chapel is DTL only, no sporting (which is a shame) and MH isn't the easiest to get to.  There's Cloudside too, but their website suggests they don't have a full sporting layout, just compak.

Mid Cheshire is a bit of a no mans land for sporting clays so surprised to hear Owls Hoot may be looking at Chester (where there's already Sealand and Fauxdegla in easy range). 

Running a clay ground can't be easy.  People want large, good, well maintained layouts, regularly changing presentation, and limited queuing (all of which costs) but at low prices... usually end up going to Worsley but would be great if there was somewhere more accessible from M6/M56 region.

• 4 months later...

According to a buddy of mine that helped out at Owls hoot............there were issues with bills being paid! I've never been but he was a regular.

Based in Manchester literally a couple of junctions down from Stockport! My go too practise clubs are Catton Hall and Mickley. Reg shoot on a Sunday if I'm not working!

Bolton clays on east blancs

Rixton east lancs

Rishton blackburn

Obviously Worsley

A bit of travelling. But straightforward mostly motorway runs!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...