Bloody council ..eh !

ditchman

im the first to admit...that on this forum i mainly talk utter gibberish....upset people....and generally type tosh.........so for a change ...a true story for you lot as i have no-one else to tell it to

My daughter is a hard bitch....cast iron exterior....but soft centre...she is 5' 11" in her socks ....you do not mess her about....i wont tell you excactly what she does ...but she worked her way up from court officer....to evictions officer...and beyond for the norwich city council...

because one of her staff was off sick she took on a pre-eveiction visit to a council premersis....what they do is to assess the occupants before they get the police and baliffs in...usually by that time they have scarpered...so she goes to the place with her stab vest on....goes inside ...and the place is spotless  ..carpets are clean ...proper bed linen fridge is empty ...freezer is empty...

the occupant is a pretty young girl with 2 young children....has red eyes from crying and is shaking like a leaf....her children are fed properly ...but as transpires her scumbag boyfriend had hoofed it months ago...and she was in severe arrears and hadnt eaten for 4 days...........so my duaghter sat down with her and went thro all her previous claims....and that i can tell you is an awful lot of paper work..........and alot of it was not filled in correctly...so she did her calculations and it was found she was owed a lot of money....so vicky sorted that out and told her it will be a few days before she would get her dues and have it back dated.............the poor young mum was emotionally in a terrible mess....

so vicky told her to stay there...as she would be gone for a bit......she went out to the car ...got on the phone and cancelled a 1.30 important meeting at city hall...and then drove off to ASDA....and bought the young mum a big shop with knappies creams lots of nice food chocolates and 2 bottles of wine ...out of her own pocket...took them back and spent the next half an hour holding her in the kitchen sobbing her heart out.

i am very very proud of my daughter.really

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Interesting, shame they can't find the Scumbag Boyfriend!

she is someone who slipped thro the net ,....she was too frightened to call the council...all the money had gone on keeping the children clean and tidy and fed and she went without...

anyway she is on the system and she will get visits to support her............i hate to think what would have happened if my girl hadnt seen her this morning...

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

no wonder you are proud my own daughter is a senior benefits officer for the council she encounters this sort of thing all to often some of the things she deals with would make you weep lots of young mums struggle half the time first thing she does is buy them a meal out of her own pocket 

there are alot of people out there as you rightly point out ...who do this......its just we the public dont get to hear of it..:good:

The council is legally obliged to search every avenue (including any monies owed) before they can apply to court for an eviction - they must prove to a judge that all possible assistance has been given (including time to pay rent arrears) before a court will rule in favour of eviction - this young woman must have known this eviction was coming for quite some time and there must have been a court order for repossession?

Your wife must be a lovely lady Ditchie.......No No!!!!  Only joking , your lass inherited genes from both of you.

Great story and as said a pity the heap of detruss was not sorted, leaving the poor lass in that state.  Good for your lass,   I know from inside information she takes after her dad and her mum didn't do a bad job on both of you for that matter.  Wish her well.

The downside to this and known from experience, because this is not a new phenomena, that young lass would have the scum bag back in if he came back; seen it many times.

Edited by Walker570

3 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

The council is legally obliged to search every avenue (including any monies owed) before they can apply to court for an eviction - they must prove to a judge that all possible assistance has been given (including time to pay rent arrears) before a court will rule in favour of eviction - this young woman must have known this eviction was coming for quite some time and there must have been a court order for repossession?

her visit i believe was the start of the process..........but because of her timidness of getting in contact with the council time slipped buy .....the visit should have been done alot sooner.............most of the actual evictions she deals with....the scumbags are gone before they get there ...they will only be greeted by a dirty house and disgaurded pets...and in some cases hidden firearms....

tell vicky , absolutely top marks mate . she did her job perfectly , and then went above and beyond in the interests of humanity.:good:

vicky will come across many scumbags in her job , its nice that her view of people wasnt tainted by the bad ones , and that she stood up and helped one of the decent ones , of course shell be back to dealing with scumbags again tomorrow , the type of people who will blame their eviction on vicky , and will take none of the blame for their own situation.

Above and beyond the call of duty, very well done to her for restoring faith in humanity. Having experienced a crippling blow to my own family, then another towards the tail end of last year I came to a strange conclusion.

People who I have known for years ( including family ) simply disappeared like smoke when we needed help and support.

Virtual strangers which I barely knew went above and beyond to help us.

It was those people who made the difference. The girl you mentioned was clearly at the end of her ability to continue to function, your daughter has done a great thing taking care of her in such a way. 

cheers for the comments you boys....got quite choked up about it when she let on what she did....but what i am pleased about she aint the only one that does little acts of random kindness in public life ...private life ...or even on Pigeonwatch.............what comes around goes around

what Prince Harry and his wife must experience one day ...is going to bed hungry....i have experinenced that in my early life as a result of shear stupidity...it is not a nice feeling

im glad i posted it its a bit personal but relevent.as it happened late morning today.......and that young girl will be well fed this evening have a glass of wine...and when she goes to bed to-nite she will be happy...and i think that is nice..