Word of warning

impala59

Just a line or so to advise sellers to price things with adequate tracked/ insured postage included. I fell foul of this by trying to keep prices down and sent stuff regular post. An item that did not arrive has been refunded but I am now out of pocket for the postage and have lost the item too. 

Lesson learned and hopefully passed on

13 minutes ago, impala59 said:

Just a line or so to advise sellers to price things with adequate tracked/ insured postage included. I fell foul of this by trying to keep prices down and sent stuff regular post. An item that did not arrive has been refunded but I am now out of pocket for the postage and have lost the item too. 

Lesson learned and hopefully passed on

A lesson I learned years ago. Two IR torches supposedly not received - cost me two more plus RMSD shipping for the replacements. Never used anything except RMSD since despite some people crying they didn't need that.

Huh - well maybe they don't - but I do or I decline the sale.

I send a lot of stuff to our company engineers, anemometers , manometers , gauges etc, always RMSD and make sure you write your name and address on the back in a couple of places because the state a few boxes have turned up you would think a tank drove over it and then a Bengal tiger was allowed to ravage it.

It may cost a bit more, but i have tried all the rest, and for the insurance cover that RMSD automatically gives you there's nothing better.

I always use RMSD for the smaller stuff under 2kg or DPD through Parcel2Go (NOT DPD local, there’s a difference) costs £6.84 for tracked insured delivery with 1hr window. they’re not Weight fussy as long as it’s under 25kg and they never check the weight or size dimensions (within reason) obviously a fishing rod In a tube would throw an issue. But as a whole they’ve been great. Don’t use yodel or hermes. Hopeless. My heart syncs when I see either have been used. In fact I would happily pay the extra few quid to use anything but these 2. 

International I use DHL. 

Edited by TK421

It's a sad reflection of the world we live in.

I tend to use Collect+ for parcels as I can send a sensible sized box for £3.99 and pay £1 more for signature and tracking (£50 insurance included). Can drop it at Co-op down the road.

Agree that Hermes and Yodel aren't very good with either tracking or actually getting stuff to you.

Most consistent for my work and home deliveries are DPD. Good tracking and sensible drivers.