Sign in to follow this  
sam triple

Horny Pup

Hi ,need an answer to my pups horny behavior , hes only 3.5 months old and wants to hump everything last night he did a 10foot humping session on his bedding right across the lounge floor , arms , legs or anything he wants to try it on with ,keep hearing from daughter " dad Jakes doing the willy dance again " his lip stick seems to be permantly out ,is this normal ? really  don't want him put under the knife unless it becomes behavial problem later on ,cheers

That does sound a bit obsessive. My spaniel went through a phase at a year old but it did not last long, just a few weeks and I used distraction to stop him. You do not say what breed it is but with my spaniel it is easy for it to get obsessed with things so I am careful with unwanted behaviour to break it early.

We taught ours to play a game called 'drug dog' . We say bathroom and he goes into the room and we close the door and hide something. Let him out and he goes up and down looking for it. Great fun to start with but after a few go's he would not stop wanting to do it. 

Hes a black lab ,im hoping when he can go for proper walks he may calm down and this is just a bit of boredom creeping in although he has free reign of the garden etc  and is im always playing games with him

25 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Phew ! thanks

It is likely to continue for a few months at least. If it does get him a teddy bear of his own to play with and mount but make sure it is female.

57 minutes ago, JDog said:

It is likely to continue for a few months at least. If it does get him a teddy bear of his own to play with and mount but make sure it is female.

64EBF2D6-70DC-4574-9A7C-71770242DEFF.jpeg

Mine would do it to his bed as a little pup, however just like biting or nipping I wouldn't hesitate to tell him off when doing wrong. If he gave his bed a little hump I'd leave him to it but if he was having a crack at something else I'd tell him off in a stern voice. 

5 hours ago, sam triple said:

He can have one of those but not my sock !

This genuinely made me laugh out loud 😂

We had similar experience with one of old dogs humping his bed and even a stuffed bear shouting at him made no difference he used to do it after tea time or in the middle of a TV programme 

20 minutes ago, Leach said:

We had similar experience with one of old dogs humping his bed and even a stuffed bear shouting at him made no difference he used to do it after tea time or in the middle of a TV programme 

doesn't matter what time of the day it is , not getting any better at the moment

21 minutes ago, Leach said:

How do you get a stuffed bear to shout at the dog?

We was shouting at the dog not the stuffed bear poor thing had flat legs at the end