Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

5 minutes ago, mick miller said:

It's unlikely too spread to badly here. We don't **** in the streets, spit everywhere and trade live koala's and wolf cubs at food markets like the mainland Chinese do. They're pretty much medieval.

Shows a total lack of awareness of viral transmission and of mutations.

Bet you also thought AIDS started by some random bloke fornicating with a Monkey, or however the stupid rumour went back in the 80’s !!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

have you ever been to norfolk ?

I was born there bor...

7 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Bet you also thought AIDS started by some random bloke fornicating with a Monkey, or however the stupid rumour went back in the 80’s !!!!!!!

Oh dear, did you get triggered Jaymo? It's likely the virus was transmitted via live flying mammals. If you think they don't **** in the street and spit all over the place, I suggest you visit and look for yourself. They'll eat and trade literally anything, in markets we haven't seen in this country since the days of the plague. But, I'll make sure to wipe the seat so I don't get AIDS, don't worry.

When you go, make sure you try something fried, their street markets use the best oils. As I said, medieval.

Edited by mick miller

12 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

i was there............i was running a roads programm in Yei in southern sudan at the time .........the WHO were crawling all over the place and in and out of Ziar......where it was suspected that a pygmy tribe had been involved in beastality......then they targetted the skol brewary at kinshasser...and were taking swabs of bottle caps of the skol bottles we were selling in the PDU club.....then it got nasty and the rumour was that the USA had released this virus off to kill the africains off

bizzarre times they were............

35 minutes ago, Snoozer said:

Looks like it's made Landfall in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51223111

The rapid spread across the world at least partially backs up my opinion that air travel is too affordable, previously mentioned in respect of airline companies going out of business.

Edited by Dave-G

Never underestimate the danger from a flu epidemic. The potential threat is very real, flu is not a runny nose and a muzzy head for a few days. Spanish flu in 1919 killed otherwise fit and healthy young people in under 48 hours from first symptoms and it killed them in tens of thousands.

Today we still have moved virtually no further forward in treating flu than we were in 1919. Flu vaccines are only retrospective, no protection against a new strain..

The NHS can only do so much,  once the number of cases goes over a few hundred hospitals will shut their doors.  

Edited by Vince Green

2 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

The rapid spread across the world at least partially backs up my opinion that air travel is too cheap, previously mentioned in respect of airline companies going out of business.

Scientists have never really worked out how Spanish Flu managed to spread round the world as quickly as it did in 1918-9.There were some very strange outbreaks in quite remote places 

But yes I could easily be sitting on a train in London tomorrow next to somebody who has just flown in from China. Not so likely in Cornwall

Spanish flu in 1919 killed otherwise fit and healthy young people in under 48 hours from first symptoms and it killed them in tens of thousands.

The flu outbreak killed more than were killed in the first world war.  Sobering thought.

However, currently 17 have died - out of about 1.4 billion people in China.  I appreciate it will grow, but it is (at present anyway) early days.

26 minutes ago, Snoozer said:

It's not IF it's WHEN will one of these little critters take a huge chunk of life on our Planet.

Yes you are right, but the world population is more than five times what it was in 1919 and many of the people live in huge conurbations that are just ripe for an epidemic to rip through them like a forest fire. That wasn't so much the case in 1919, so when it comes it could be so much worse.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

i was there............i was running a roads programm in Yei in southern sudan at the time .........the WHO were crawling all over the place and in and out of Ziar......where it was suspected that a pygmy tribe had been involved in beastality......then they targetted the skol brewary at kinshasser...and were taking swabs of bottle caps of the skol bottles we were selling in the PDU club.....then it got nasty and the rumour was that the USA had released this virus off to kill the africains off

bizzarre times they were............

I hope you Roger Daltrey's autograph 😄

In all honesty though, I do think 'nature' will redress the balance. Everything we try and do to better ourselves ends up having long term adverse effects on the planet and environment so it's fairly obvious that something will happen. Just a question of when. 

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

The flu outbreak killed more than were killed in the first world war.  Sobering thought.

However, currently 17 have died - out of about 1.4 billion people in China.  I appreciate it will grow, but it is (at present anyway) early days.

But that is assuming there are only 17 deaths! Would you really react like that for only 17 deaths, we get more than that from normal pneumonia in this country 

1 hour ago, Doc Holliday said:

I hope you Roger Daltrey's autograph 😄

In all honesty though, I do think 'nature' will redress the balance. Everything we try and do to better ourselves ends up having long term adverse effects on the planet and environment so it's fairly obvious that something will happen. Just a question of when. 

Probably nature’s answer to global warming 

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i just do not understand why the media have not picked this up, but then maybe the chinese will stop this love of eating dogs etc, it started with a market worker catching this viris

4 hours ago, mick miller said:

It's unlikely too spread to badly here. We don't **** in the streets, spit everywhere and trade live koala's and wolf cubs at food markets like the mainland Chinese do. They're pretty much medieval.

How broad is your brush of ignorance?🙄

Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence about the other means of transmission when many of the less, shall we say sophisticated, members of the community fail to get even the basics right. 

No wonder they've now put a second city in lock down. I would be extremely cautious of any news regarding the spread or numbers dead or affected coming out of China. 

Actually, its now 8 cities, of course, you always do that when only 830 people are sick and build a completely new hospital to be completed by 3rd of Feb (to later be demolished) and cut off the Internet to wuhan, mobilise 450,000 people to build 'a line of defence'. 

Edited by mick miller

11 minutes ago, mick miller said:

No wonder they've now put a second city in lock down.

You can hardly criticize the Chinese for not taking the threat seriously.  The city of Wunan alone has a population of 11 million - that's 3 million more than London. And it's basically been put under curfew. 

8 cities, do keep up at the back. Thankfully, only 830 people affected (double it, add at least a nought). 

Still, we'll never know I guess, now the internet is going off, you know, to stop the spread of the virus. Very sensible precaution.

If I were home sec I'd be banning anyone coming from, or going to China for the foreseeable, but that won't happen as we're hungry for their money. 

Edited by mick miller

14 hours ago, mick miller said:

Apart from the animal bit sounds like most city centres in the UK.

Medieval, whisky tango foxtrot!