Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, mick miller said:

Okay, bungeeing pigs off a tower for public amusement is perfectly acceptable in a modern society. I must be wrong. Perhaps medieval was too generous? 

Same could be said for the desire to chase a fox on horseback, stand on a peg for a ‘drive’ , manage an estate for the stalking of deer?

To many outside of our ‘Sport’, see these past times as rather barbaric too!

17 hours ago, ditchman said:

yup ...................this is the big one.....you can bend down and kiss your rear .....(or someone elses rear if you are that way inclined)..................goodbye

"thanks for all the fish"..............

Yes unlike yesteryear when it took weeks if not months to travel around the world now it takes hours allowing the virus to spread quickly.

hello, what ever you think of China as a country you have to show some compassion for its people and the situation with this new virus, millions locked in their homes making cities no go areas and it is soon the Chinese new year, oh and the death toll keeps rising, if it is true what they reported on the first citizen to catch this and it said came from an imported animal we do not consider should be part of any food chain  perhaps this barbaric system should be banned,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

46 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

When do we start stock piling then? 

I’m going to pickup an extra 4 pack of beans in the way home  

..................to blow your troubles away............

"there's something in the wind to-nite "...........

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Get your face masks soon!:good:

You can't. I tried buying some yesterday (sanding a butchers block), most were out of stock at my local toolstation (other trade outlets are available though). PANIC!!!

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

When do we start stock piling then?

Umm, most of my food is walking around in a field. Nature's superstore. Honestly, I'm going to grow antlers at some point this year, I'm convinced of it.

Face masks are a bit of a red herring, you are most likely to pick up the flu virus first on your hands, then transfer it to your mouth eating a biscuit, sandwich etc.

Supermarket trolleys, grab rails on public transport, door handles, lift buttons etc are the risk areas, buy hand gel

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Face masks are a bit of a red herring, you are most likely to pick up the flu virus first on your hands, then transfer it to your mouth eating a biscuit, sandwich etc.

Supermarket trolleys, grab rails on public transport, door handles, lift buttons etc are the risk areas, buy hand gel

I thought you caught everything from toilet seats, or ******* monkeys.

6 hours ago, mick miller said:

You really comparing pheasant shooting and  deer stalking to chucking a screaming pig off a tower for amusement? Really? 

Talk about false equivalences.

It’s false in your eyes for you abhor the thought of the piggy being used for entertainment, and yet any driven day is also entertainment- equivalencies are in the eyes of those judging.

Its often seen as perverse, those who wish to hunt purely for ‘fun’ as opposed to a genuine need as a form of control.

Animal cruelty occurs every where in the World- singling out China just seems a little hypocritical.

Spitting In the street- yep, any given City in Europe.

Unwashed, yep, past several today walking through the City.

Animal cruelty- eeerrr, nope, not seen any today but I’m sure some kid somewhere is pulling the legs of a spider or daddy long legs. 

It was once acceptable to have animals used in Circuses, but that gradually became unacceptable ( well,  ‘I’m a Celebrity’ still uses animals for entertainment) 

What I’m trying to convey is that the World is not all the same in its outlook!!!!

Side note, was passed a ridiculous rumour that the Americans are behind it- whatever next ! 

No, I don't go pheasant, partridge, grouse shooting because the idea of raising birds simply to shoot them later, to my mind, is completely perverse and serves no practical purpose, but hey, if it floats your boat it's not (currently) illegal (not sure for how much longer though).

But I will shoot pigeons (hence why I'm here) for crop protection (and, conveniently, they taste better than any game bird), deer to control numbers and manage woodland (they too taste damn fine), foxes - but only when folk have issues with foxes predating their geese, chickens, ducks or other livestock, otherwise I'll happily let them go about their foxy business. So, you got me good an' proper!

What I wouldn't do is wound something for fun and watch it suffer, or blatt things out of the sky for fun that I (nor anyone else) had no interest in eating (maybe with the exception of carrion crows to protect others livestock, but then we don't have livestock here). Or, you know, shove a cow in front of a bus for laughs. But, yes, if people want to do it then we should not criticise them at all for that would be taking the moral high ground.

Now where did I leave all those kittens and jars? I can see some fun later in the land rover...meeeeeooo-OooowwW!

EDIT: I do shoot squirrels though, mainly as we have hundreds of them here and nothing else get a look in. But again, I don't drown them in buckets, for ****s and giggles. I'm odd like that. Mind you, I also don't think that rubbing myself with powdered tiger penis is somehow going to give me a massive woody or dusting myself with some endangered rhino horn is going to make me well 'ard, because, well, science.

I must also be lying about the spitting everywhere, almost all the time, more than we do in the UK for example, otherwise reputable news sources would mention it wouldn't they?

Edited by mick miller

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

It’s false in your eyes for you abhor the thought of the piggy being used for entertainment, and yet any driven day is also entertainment- equivalencies are in the eyes of those judging.

Its often seen as perverse, those who wish to hunt purely for ‘fun’ as opposed to a genuine need as a form of control.

Animal cruelty occurs every where in the World- singling out China just seems a little hypocritical.

Spitting In the street- yep, any given City in Europe.

Unwashed, yep, past several today walking through the City.

Animal cruelty- eeerrr, nope, not seen any today but I’m sure some kid somewhere is pulling the legs of a spider or daddy long legs. 

It was once acceptable to have animals used in Circuses, but that gradually became unacceptable ( well,  ‘I’m a Celebrity’ still uses animals for entertainment) 

What I’m trying to convey is that the World is not all the same in its outlook!!!!

Side note, was passed a ridiculous rumour that the Americans are behind it- whatever next ! 

They keep moving for a minute or two after you have pulled them off you know.