Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, i read they are building a special new hospital, or maybe refurbishing one that will be only used for this Coronavirus outbreak, looks like a new hospital going to take 7 days to build, loads of diggers have started to work on the project

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

The woman who just tested positive in the US arrived on the 14th Jan. What proportion of all the people who left Wuhan between then and the lockdown would have travelled to America, and what proportion of those who did were infected? 

Given that Wuhan, despite  its size, isn't an international hub there seem to be a fair few number of these cases popping up around the world. Then there are a couple in France, etc, etc. All from Wuhan? And if so,why them? 11 million people in Wuhan - but what proportion  would be travelling outside  China? A fraction one would have thought. So how many who are NOT travelling are now carrying this virus?

Unless the incubation period is very short it looks like this thing could get a lot worse before it gets better.

Edited by Retsdon

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

The woman who just tested positive in the US arrived on the 14th Jan. What proportion of all the people who left Wuhan between then and the lockdown would have travelled to America, and what proportion of those who did were infected? 

Given that Wuhan, despite  its size, isn't an international hub there seem to be a fair few number of these cases popping up around the world. Then there are a couple in France, etc, etc. All from Wuhan? And if so,why them? 11 million people in Wuhan - but what proportion  would be travelling outside  China? A fraction one would have thought. So how many who are NOT travelling are now carrying this virus?

Unless the incubation period is very short it looks like this thing could get a lot worse before it gets better.

A deeply worrying aspect from a communist country that is quite possibly not reporting anywhere near the true scale.

Their 7 day hospital build suggests it could be much worse than they are admitting.

16 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

A deeply worrying aspect from a communist country that is quite possibly not reporting anywhere near the true scale.

Their 7 day hospital build suggests it could be much worse than they are admitting.

Them having shut down 18 cities, numbers close to the population of the UK affected and that the authorities here are trying to track down 2000 people that have come to the UK from the Wuhan region makes you think is it time to get an extra couple of bog rolls and loaf of bread?!

15 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Them having shut down 18 cities, numbers close to the population of the UK affected and that the authorities here are trying to track down 2000 people that have come to the UK from the Wuhan region makes you think is it time to get an extra couple of bog rolls and loaf of bread?!

I've heard that already restrictive social media or maybe the entire internet out there has been shut down to stop the rest of the world from being told unedited facts from the general population, be that scaremongering, sensationalism or truth.

7 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I've heard that already restrictive social media or maybe the entire internet out there has been shut down to stop the rest of the world from being told unedited facts from the general population, be that scaremongering, sensationalism or truth.

I think social media is restricted there anyway, I could be wrong as I heard it form our media 

22 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I've heard that already restrictive social media or maybe the entire internet out there has been shut down t

You've heard wrong then. My mate just posted  a video a couple of hours ago of him and his daughter riding around Wuhan on a motorbike. Absolutely like a ghost town btw. As as I'm writing this I've just got a message  from him. The internet there is fine.

20 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

You've heard wrong then. My mate just posted  a video a couple of hours ago of him and his daughter riding around Wuhan on a motorbike. Absolutely like a ghost town btw. As as I'm writing this I've just got a message  from him. The internet there is fine.

Thank you. :good:

Sorry if I'm a bit slow but was that on a social media site (posted)  or email?

Edited by Dave-G

1 hour ago, JTaylor91 said:

I have just seen a video of a Chinese man eating live baby mice with a side of sliced raw tomatoes. I wonder if behaviour like that does cause these new diseases, who knows what those tomatoes were sprayed with.

Just googled ‘video of a Chinese man eating live baby mice’ and yes its true plus woman eating fruit bat soup with an whole bat floating around in the bowl.

I have just seen a video of a Chinese man eating live baby mice with a side of sliced raw tomatoes.

What was the Duke of Edinburgh's comment...'if it's got legs and it's not a piece of furniture they'll eat it'....something like that. He was right too.

I wonder if behaviour like that does cause these new diseases,

Absolutely  it does. They're  all zoonotic diseases that have jumped species. Rather than go through this hoohah every few years the government should just award minus 200 Social Credit points to anyone eating an unskinned wild animal.

Edited by Retsdon

On 24/01/2020 at 17:13, Dave-G said:

This isn't as far fetched as it seems.... 

"Im sorry to those who are annoyed with the constant Coronavirus posts.

Just an update, from China side.

It seems things are actually worse than we are being told.

Inside China, mass panic has started to begin. The hospitals in the areas most affected are over run, they do not have enough protective gear, to even cover doctors and nurses, let alone spare any for anyone else.

The numbers affected/dead inside China are much higher than any reports we are receiving.

Its true they are checking travellers at airports and train stations, which is something I guess.

The whole fish market origin is partly true.

Word in China is as follows... everyone knows about the P4 lab in Wuhan. It studies the volatile diseases. It seems one of the test monkeys, which was dead, was sent for incineration but due to China’s appalling procedures on safety, it was left in a bag at a normal bin.

the lab is very close to the fish market, which isn’t a fish market at all, it’s a rare meat market. They sell birds, bats, snakes, monkeys as food for humans.

it is said that said infected monkey was found in the bag and literally dumped in with the rest of the food stock.

This is where the disease outbreak began.

I realise that I sound like I’m some sort of conspiracy nut but this is the word from inside China, all of which is still being to be down played. Which isn’t going to help anyone, which we’ve seen with the new cases now in France. 
but yeah...."

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Inside China, mass panic has started to begin. The hospitals in the areas most affected are over run, they do not have enough protective gear, to even cover doctors and nurses, let alone spare any for anyone else.

The numbers affected/dead inside China are much higher than any reports we are receiving.

Its true they are checking travellers at airports and train stations, which is something I guess.

Word in China is as follows... everyone knows about the P4 lab in Wuhan. It studies the volatile diseases. It seems one of the test monkeys, which was dead, was sent for incineration but due to China’s appalling procedures on safety, it was left in a bag at a normal bin.

the lab is very close to the fish market, which isn’t a fish market at all, it’s a rare meat market. They sell birds, bats, snakes, monkeys as food for humans.

it is said that said infected monkey was found in the bag and literally dumped in with the rest of the food stock.

I realise that I sound like I’m some sort of conspiracy nut but this is the word from inside China, all of which is still being to be down played. Which isn’t going to help anyone, which we’ve seen with the new cases now in France. 
but yeah...."

That sounds more like it. 

25 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

That sounds more like it. 

hello, i do not think you are far wrong dave, i read it started in a market but not from a government  lab, remember the foot and mouth in uk some years back, that started from a leaking lab pipe, its not going to be a good new year for chinese citizens

39 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i do not think you are far wrong dave, i read it started in a market but not from a government  lab, remember the foot and mouth in uk some years back, that started from a leaking lab pipe, its not going to be a good new year for chinese citizens

It's not going to be a good year for any UK citizens either, if any of the 2000(?) people who arrived in the UK from China / Wuhan are carrying the virus.   Think about a plane that flies from China / Hong Kong with several infected passengers on board, to Dubai.  The several could infect dozenson board.  The passengers then disperse on flights to various other countries, with several flights carrying infected passengers.  Once arrived at their main airport, they take interal flights to numerous places.  The virus is distributed thousands of miles in, say, 24 hours!  Frightening! 

1 hour ago, DoolinDalton said:

Think about a plane that flies from China / Hong Kong with several infected passengers on board, to Dubai

I am off to Oz soon and this is a concern of mine as we will be stopping at Dubai. No doubt the flight from Dubai to Brisbane will have Chinese travelling on it.

I said to the missus the virus is a bigger threat to our hols than the bush fires.

She suggested I broke her leg and we claimed on the insurance that we couldn't go. I did point out it would be much less painful if we just forfeited the cost of the flight to which she agreed. At least she didn't suggest breaking my legs. Obviously a keeper. :)

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

but yeah...."

Source?

6 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Absolutely  it does. They're  all zoonotic diseases that have jumped species. Rather than go through this hoohah every few years the government should just award minus 200 Social Credit points to anyone eating an unskinned wild animal.

Top quality and well informed satire.

Some on here should show a bit more compassion and respect (and yes I am triggered) as this a virus we are talking about…….. you know, those things that exist throughout the world🙄

Some of the comments would suggest that a population of 1.4billion are all disgusting unhygienic creatures!  I've seen more people in the shooting fraternity with more muck under their finger nails than in my mother in law's whole house in China🙄