Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, bluesj said:

Could it be that by chines law Huawei have to give over any info the government ask for!

Its possible of course.
But if you are thinking they are going to sell us equipment that makes hoovering up all our sensitive data very easy, then I would say...

Someone in charge of such things in the UK needs to be vetting random batches of kit.

Plus, theres every chance they are already doing it, and to some extent, us to them.
We hack , they hack, all makes the world go round, and in a weird way , keeps us all safer....

14 minutes ago, figgy said:

Is this what's caused Coronavirus huawei hacking into things ?  Or countries trying to check China's growth.

On 29/01/2020 at 08:54, Newbie to this said:

How about the newest social media conspiracy amongst the loons.

It's not a virus at all, its 5G that is killing everyone. I'm not joking this is being spouted on social media. Apparently Wuhan is a 5G city, so it must be 5G responsible. 

Studio_20200129_085920.jpg.fa37f00b7d593f8499d06ce8e8d577b5.jpg

According to some loonies

I live on the wirral and found out today the brits from china are being brought up from oxfordshire and housed in a empty nurses block at my local hospital witch is arrow park,why the hell are these people being brought two hundred plus miles up north,the must be plenty of hospitals down south they could be put up in,i suppose its a, well take them as far away as possible in case the s... hits the fan,let the those up north sort it out.

6 minutes ago, gemini52 said:

I live on the wirral and found out today the brits from china are being brought up from oxfordshire and housed in a empty nurses block at my local hospital witch is arrow park,why the hell are these people being brought two hundred plus miles up north,the must be plenty of hospitals down south they could be put up in,i suppose its a, well take them as far away as possible in case the s... hits the fan,let the those up north sort it out.

I would think China was the best place, that's how quarantine works. Taking people from the infected area and moving them around the world is the opposite of how it works or exactly how quarantine fails to work.

As for the USA objecting to Huawei, it's simply because they want us to buy their stuff instead and not least so they can spy on us.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Recent estimates put it at 50 - 100 million over the 30 odd years  it was around.

No one knows where it came from, its only called Spanish flu because of a Spanish newspaper headline.

The stronger you were, the more likely it was to die from it, 20 - 40 years old was the most likely fatal age.
This was due to the bodies attempts to fight it off, killing the victim.

Even with the poor transportation links back then, it soon went pretty much worldwide.

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

am i right in thinking it killed 50 odd million ?

Rewulf beat me too it but yeah something like that.

I'm sure I watched a documentary on it, it was supposed to have started in a military camp in the states, something to do with a cook maybe.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

we are all going to die

Yeah cheers for that cheery note ditchy, just as my stick was starting to come along nicely n all 👍

😂

2 hours ago, 39TDS said:

I would think China was the best place, that's how quarantine works. Taking people from the infected area and moving them around the world is the opposite of how it works or exactly how quarantine fails to work.

As for the USA objecting to Huawei, it's simply because they want us to buy their stuff instead and not least so they can spy on us.

Putting people suspected of having come into contact with a killer flu strain all together on a plane with a recirculating air system for about 20 hours is C-R-A-Z-Y. And are they going to decontaminate the plane fully afterwards? Or will it be taking holiday makers to Magaluf the next day?

4 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

When you die, as we all must, can you say that you were a force for good or not?

That's basically it - are you on the white side or the dark side.

I don't particularly want to die because some incompetent civil servant repatriated a load of expats who should have understood the risks when they went to China in the first place.

Personally, I favour the dark side, Satanists have much better parties

9 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Putting people suspected of having come into contact with a killer flu strain all together on a plane with a recirculating air system for about 20 hours is C-R-A-Z-Y. And are they going to decontaminate the plane fully afterwards? Or will it be taking holiday makers to Magaluf the next day?

Yes, being on a plane is the last place I would want to be. Much better to stay put IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

Yes, being on a plane is the last place I would want to be.

Agreed ...... although that is a view I take virus or no virus!

To those suggesting little is being done by our government/NHS; There has just been a person on Radio 4 who said that in the UK, 161 people have been tested and had their results so far.  ALL have come back negative.

They also clarified what is meant by 'self isolation'.  It is simply the common sense that if you think you have the virus, phone (doctor/111) and discuss - Don't make you way to a surgery or A&E etc., as if you did have the virus there is a risk of onward transmission.

Anyway, the plane left mostly empty which is not surprising really when you only give people an hour's notification to make a two+ hour journey. But maybe that was the intention - just get a sufficient number of people to provide cover for the local Brit diplomatic staff so nobody  could accuse them of running away and leaving Brit nationals unrepresented in a crisis. 

But hey, perhaps I'm being cynical and the British government is merely incompetent. 

40 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Anyway, the plane left mostly empty which is not surprising really when you only give people an hour's notification to make a two+ hour journey. But maybe that was the intention - just get a sufficient number of people to provide cover for the local Brit diplomatic staff so nobody  could accuse them of running away and leaving Brit nationals unrepresented in a crisis. 

But hey, perhaps I'm being cynical and the British government is merely incompetent. 

Depends on your view I would say.

For me the incompetence comes from trying to remove people from a quarantined area. The best for everyone is they remain in quarantine (Well maybe not for them), that is the whole point of a quarantine.