Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

2 minutes ago, Lord Geordie said:

There are so many irate folk in Newcastle today? What did they expect with a huge Chinese student population? There are currently thousands of Chinese students studying at the Newcastle university. Build the accommodation for them, tutor them, but then not expect what we knew would come after the initial outbreak in Wuhan? It’s a scary prospect on out doorsteps, but we just have to try and deal with it rather than wave fingers and apportion blame. They didn’t ask to be infected the poor ****  

hello, i agree L G, must bring a lot of money into the Newcastle economy 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, derbyduck said:

Shefield is the same it like down town tokyo  You aint telling me some of them or their mates aint been back for the new year !

2 hours ago, GingerCat said:

Japanese then?

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

I didn't want to mention it.

PW, pure gold nugget right there!

Well, my pal and his family are in Wuhan airport with boarding passes in their hands. They're getting evacuated to Indonesia where they're to be quarantined on a tropical island north of Sarawak https://maps.app.goo.gl/ohnTuYAn6EeMpvQu6 . It might actually  turn out that missing the UK plane wasn't  such a bad thing after all. I'd hazard a guess that for an enforced break the Riau islands may be preferable to the Wirral in February. 

28 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Well, my pal and his family are in Wuhan airport with boarding passes in their hands. They're getting evacuated to Indonesia where they're to be quarantined on a tropical island north of Sarawak https://maps.app.goo.gl/ohnTuYAn6EeMpvQu6 . It might actually  turn out that missing the UK plane wasn't  such a bad thing after all. I'd hazard a guess that for an enforced break the Riau islands may be preferable to the Wirral in February. 

Glad it worked out for them, touch wood they are clear of the virus, not only for their sake but for the sake of everyone they come into contact with.

I'm surprised the Wuhan arrivals were taken so far by road for the coach vents to potentially spread the virus along so many miles.

A closer airport might have been better with the passengers disembarking directly into the coaches on a remote section of the airport. 

3 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I'm surprised the Wuhan arrivals were taken so far by road for the coach vents to potentially spread the virus along so many miles.

A closer airport might have been better with the passengers disembarking directly into the coaches on a remote section of the airport. 

I'm surprised they were removed from the quarantine they were already in!

13 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I'm surprised they were removed from the quarantine they were already in!

Hmm, difficult... Chinese probably requested guests be looked after by - and extricated to their own country - and imagine the excrement that would fly if any country is seen to abandon its people.

47 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Glad it worked out for them, touch wood they are clear of the virus, not only for their sake but for the sake of everyone they come into contact with.

Well, at least they're  getting out. He said the Indonesian operation was spot on. They organized for 10 buses to go round Hubei province and pick everyone up from their buildings this morning. 246 people all told and they only one missed one and she lived miles out in the sticks.  Can't  help but contrast that with the FCO who gave British citizens an hour's notice at 10pm for a 60km journey and provided no transport in a locked down city.  Apparently there are still  over 100 Brits still  stuck in Wuhan, let alone Hubei province. It's embarrassing actually. 

Positively scary, hey? It's a good thing that everyone is going into quarantine. I just hope my friend and his family get through it without picking anything  up. You'd  have thought  that boarding the plane could have been better organized but I suppose the Chinese didn't care. Not their problem anymore.

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

Blimey - that looks like a fairly deliberate way for China to be sure it exports their virus to afflict the rest of the world.

Perhaps China already has a cure!!

With regards to flying into Brize - why? There is Manchester and Liverpool airports as well as Broughton which is used by Airbus amongst others!!

on Huawei- BT built the 21CN network using their kit - the MOD refused to move onto it