Wild chicken shoots

Dave-G

22 minutes ago, Prospero said:

I was once asked to dispatch a sick chicken because the owners didn't have the heart. I shot it with my 410 shotgun, it was really flat afterwards, mind you I was only six inches away.

Did you mean flat or splat!

I’ve seen chickens sitting on top of a two storey house

Pheasant needs rebranding, nothing wrong at all with it if you can cook. Partridge is also one of may favourite meats.  Picking up some oven ready from a local shoot this weekend for £1 a bird so said I'd have 20 or so.  For that money what's not too like? I'd take them in the feather but as soon as shot he has them packaged. He's found them in the ditch and at the side of the road when given to guns in the feather so had to stop. 

Half the problem I feel if that people want things in a packet with instructions and a bland taste that take precisely 15 minutes to cook and no longer. Half the fun of cooking is a glass or 2 of red and a bit of time out. Maybe that was watching Floyd when I was growing up. 

1 hour ago, ClemFandango said:

You can cross pheasants and bantams, not a great fertility rate in my experience but maybe Phantams would be more saleable?

only prob with a name like that you'd have to be George Digweed to hit em :) didn't ian botham try and push for using excess game meat in ready meals for homless etc.

stuck  in a curry or minced most people would be cluless,look at the horse meat scandal.

Edited by Remimax

So I we have an ideal here but we need some work. 

chicken gyms to get them fly high faster and further. 

beaters should be easy as 2 stroke chicken chasers are already made.  

Chickens aren’t defenceless either so that improves our public image the bird below regularly corners my daughter never seen a partridge corner anyone.  

55D087DD-F908-4769-9F0A-A290A50D70D6.jpeg

72A07768-FA7F-4F45-A518-164B652CEAAB.jpeg

Edited by welshwarrior

27 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

A trebuchet could fling a chicken quite a distance I imagine?

My Scout Troop has made various types of catapult, we have never done one that big before but would be happy to give it  a go. Just to give us some idea would you be looking for maybe "Extreme High Chicken"  70 meters up or a more sort of "Grouse Chicken" where we would have to think more about speed and quick reloading?

Just incase there are any other Scout Leaders on here I realise that this is almost certainly against Policy, Organisation and Rules, however I'm sure some of the Scouts would be happy to take it on as a private job, cash only.

Edited by Dibble

1 hour ago, Dibble said:

My Scout Troop has made various types of catapult, we have never done one that big before but would be happy to give it  a go. Just to give us some idea would you be looking for maybe "Extreme High Chicken"  70 meters up or a more sort of "Grouse Chicken" where we would have to think more about speed and quick reloading?

Just incase there are any other Scout Leaders on here I realise that this is almost certainly against Policy, Organisation and Rules, however I'm sure some of the Scouts would be happy to take it on as a private job, cash only.

You could stand the troupe on top of a steep hill or a cliff and just lob the chickens off the edge. It'd be a combination of gliding high pheasants, fast moving grouse and incoming feathery bricks 😂

On 27/01/2020 at 18:00, Dibble said:

Good to see an other scout leader after my own heart.  I think we only not allowed to shoot at Animals or people/animal representative targets, can’t see anything about helping others do it 

2 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

Good to see an other scout leader after my own heart.  I think we only not allowed to shoot at Animals or people/animal representative targets, can’t see anything about helping others do it 

Remember we can't shoot at targets of Zombies as technically they are Undead so once alive.

I don't suppose you have about 15 rabbits lying around I've been roped into doing a "Survival" weekend for my sons Explorer group, teaching Croydon kids to gut and cook them.