SxS 3 in mag gun info

flippermaj

I have been looking on line at these two but can't find much info about the models.

I know some of the Zabalas were quite heavy, 8 pounds plus but I don't know if that applies to this model?   Any one own one or had one  in the past?

ZABALA HERMANOS 12-BORE (3IN.) 'MERCURY MAGNUM MODEL 6-1228' BOXLOCK NON-EJECTOR, serial no. 60076,     

The other one is this  LAURONA 12-BORE (3IN.) BOXLOCK NON-EJECTOR, serial no. 165271   any idea on its weight or what they are like?

Cheers

Mark

2 hours ago, flippermaj said:

I have been looking on line at these two but can't find much info about the models.

I know some of the Zabalas were quite heavy, 8 pounds plus but I don't know if that applies to this model?   Any one own one or had one  in the past?

ZABALA HERMANOS 12-BORE (3IN.) 'MERCURY MAGNUM MODEL 6-1228' BOXLOCK NON-EJECTOR, serial no. 60076,     

The other one is this  LAURONA 12-BORE (3IN.) BOXLOCK NON-EJECTOR, serial no. 165271   any idea on its weight or what they are like?

Cheers

Mark

hello, what are you going to be shooting ?

Cheers

Mark

Mark i had a Zabala Berri Lux 3" multi choke was lighter than the Laurona shot well took Mobil Chokes would not hesitate to buy another so out of the two Zabala would be my choice. Be bold and brave mate do as i done get a Aya No3 3" Magnum 28" barrels 1/4 - 1/2 choke 

Hi Boyd,  would love an AYA No 3 mag but the only one at the local gun shop is very rough and £395!  Ladds in Devon have a Berri lux but £450, local guy has a Yiliditz 3.5 wildfowler SxS but asking £600!

I am just too tight!  Can get the above guns on Holts unsold lots for pennies and they are coming up here in the next few weeks for  a valuation day so would have no RFD transfer charges.

Haven't seen many of your posts this season.  I hope you and Connor have been out and about a bit and no doubt with some success?

Cheers

Mark

1 hour ago, flippermaj said:

Hi Boyd,  would love an AYA No 3 mag but the only one at the local gun shop is very rough and £395!  Ladds in Devon have a Berri lux but £450, local guy has a Yiliditz 3.5 wildfowler SxS but asking £600!

I am just too tight!  Can get the above guns on Holts unsold lots for pennies and they are coming up here in the next few weeks for  a valuation day so would have no RFD transfer charges.

Haven't seen many of your posts this season.  I hope you and Connor have been out and about a bit and no doubt with some success?

Cheers

Mark

Check out guntrader if your looking a aya no3 I bought mine there for a great price barrels spotless got the chokes opened up as Well I bought mine from a shop in England got them to post it to my local firearms dealer here in NI 👍

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark Conor joined a new ( to him ) Foreshore Club so we have spent a lot of time on the shore a Big Thanks to a well known PW member he soon had his first Pink ( he has shot a lot from other places ) from the new Club unfortunately due his and my club rules we can't due Wright ups. Goose wise we both have shot more than our share. Conor had his first Rutting Fallow Buck ( shot 3 in total ) in October again he's shot a lot of Fallow Roe CWD and Muntjac ( Gold being the best ) taken him out Saturday morning to try for his first Whitefront only 17 in with or was with Pink's fingers crossed for him . Your for sure know if he gets his wish as I'll do a weight up with pictures .

Good luck with your Gun hunt 

18 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Hi Mark Conor joined a new ( to him ) Foreshore Club so we have spent a lot of time on the shore a Big Thanks to a well known PW member he soon had his first Pink ( he has shot a lot from other places ) from the new Club unfortunately due his and my club rules we can't due Wright ups. Goose wise we both have shot more than our share. Conor had his first Rutting Fallow Buck ( shot 3 in total ) in October again he's shot a lot of Fallow Roe CWD and Muntjac ( Gold being the best ) taken him out Saturday morning to try for his first Whitefront only 17 in with or was with Pink's fingers crossed for him . Your for sure know if he gets his wish as I'll do a weight up with pictures .

Good luck with your Gun hunt 

Great to hear mate 👍👍👍

I have a Zabala 3" and i have found myself using  as my main gun this season, i have a semi auto that is lighter easier to clean and gives you  the advantage of a third shot but i hate spraying empty cases all around the foreshore (they are a ****** to find) the Zabala also also as the advantage of being able to whip out the cartridges  and change to Goose ones when you hear Geese coming.

On 23/01/2020 at 21:38, Gerry78 said:

Check out guntrader if your looking a aya no3 I bought mine there for a great price barrels spotless got the chokes opened up as Well I bought mine from a shop in England got them to post it to my local firearms dealer here in NI 👍

What dealer was that if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NI as well and noticed better prices on guntrader than on the racks in some shops here.... supply and demand I suppose 

On 24/01/2020 at 23:56, Rob85 said:

What dealer was that if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NI as well and noticed better prices on guntrader than on the racks in some shops here.... supply and demand I suppose 

You can use any dealer that you use in NI They all will let you use them to transfer a gun from mainland Britain For a small fee all you have to do is let them know what your interested In buying and tell the seller RFD THE contact details of the shop you want the gun posted too 

2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

You can use any dealer that you use in NI They all will let you use them to transfer a gun from mainland Britain For a small fee all you have to do is let them know what your interested In buying and tell the seller RFD THE contact details of the shop you want the gun posted too 

Thanks for that. I'm just shopping about to replace my o/u double trigger with a single trigger ejector or a semi auto without breaking the bank!