Enfield, Lee Lee Enfield No4 0.41

Enfield, Lee Lee Enfield No4

£500

0.41 Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Single Shot, -, -, - barrels
Fb_img_1579797333256 Fb_img_1579797335831

Description

Extremely difficult sale of my Lee Enfield No4 converted to .410.

Shotgun is a 1943 No4 Lee Enfield in great condition for its age. Converted to shoot modern .410 cartridges in a single shot format. A plate has been welded between the breach and magazine to keep it UK legal but mag is still detachable. Will come with pig sticker bayonet, original sling and original oil bottle and pull through.

A changeover of job and no pay for 2.5 months forces a sale to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. This along with the SMLE are my pride and joy so this is an extremely difficult sale for me.

£500 all in collected from Nottingham

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member Brooksy789. Message them here

View the full article

22 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I would love this if I had chance.

Such a beautiful gun with such history. I first fired one of these as a rifle at .303 at about 12 years old, then later in the Army same calibre, then they re did them at 7.62 and i used one as a sniper rifle. I'd love to end up with one at .410.

They're amazing bud, honestly, try and find one if you can, you won't be dissapointed.

17 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

If only I were closer 😞 Been after one locally for ages

I travelled a 7 hour and 350 mile round journey for the SMLE!

----------------------------------------------------------

Now sold to Trooper1965

Edited by Brooksy789

Maybe next time round, I don't have 500 at the mo, but if Trooper decides to sell, I'll be first in the queue.

My RFD has two in stock, one undated late Mk 1 or early Mk 2 but around 1900 ish, and one stamped 1944. Both still at .303. He's trying to persuade me to get a FAC and I want him to make the one stamped 1944  .410.

No one round here shows much interest in them. The other day a guy was asking what the 1944 one was and seemed surprised when my daughter chipped in Mk 4 Lee Enfield .303 unless its rechambered 7.62.

At around £1.00 per round its expensive at .303 to use.

Edited by Centrepin

37 minutes ago, Brooksy789 said:

They're amazing bud, honestly, try and find one if you can, you won't be dissapointed.

I travelled a 7 hour and 350 mile round journey for the SMLE!

----------------------------------------------------------

Now sold to Trooper1965

The thought of an 11 hour round trip disturbs me 😂 Even for a lovely Enfield 😞

14 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Maybe next time round, I don't have 500 at the mo, but if Trooper decides to sell, I'll be first in the queue.

My RFD has two in stock, one undated late Mk 1 or early Mk 2 but around 1900 ish, and one stamped 1944. Both still at .303. He's trying to persuade me to get a FAC and I want him to make the one stamped 1944  .410.

No one round here shows much interest in them. The other day a guy was asking what the 1944 one was and seemed surprised when my daughter chipped in Mk 4 Lee Enfield .303 unless its rechambered 7.62.

I'll get around to getting my FAC one day so I can have a .303 one. These are great fun, and cheap to shoot too. I'll be sad to see them go, but Trooper has bought both so they're both going to a good home.

1 minute ago, humperdingle said:

The thought of an 11 hour round trip disturbs me 😂 Even for a lovely Enfield 😞

Yeah, ok that's fair! I thought 7 hours was bad!

12 hours ago, Centrepin said:

not that bad if you reload... and still damm good fun to shoot

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2020 at 19:12, Centrepin said:

Ammo is a bit cheaper than that, PPU is widely available and around £17 per box of 20 although my club sells it for £15. Obviously you can make it cheaper (once you have all the gear) if you reload.

41 minutes ago, Lever357 said:

Ammo is a bit cheaper than that, PPU is widely available and around £17 per box of 20 although my club sells it for £15. Obviously you can make it cheaper (once you have all the gear) if you reload.

I use a Lee Loader kit for mine and am really rather chuffed with the results. I’m sure it can shoot better than me!