If I were the judge ............

243deer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like it explained to me, when attacking someone with a machete, goes from assault with intent, to attempted murder!

60 times the Police officer was hit with the machete, quite a few of those were on the head. If that's not attempted murder, then nothing is!

Our 'justice' system is a absolute disgrace.

Same goes for stabbing someone. In my book it's attempted murder.

Edited by Newbie to this

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

I'd really like it explained to me, when attacking someone with a machete, goes from assault with intent, to attempted murder!

60 times the Police officer was hit with the machete, quite a few of those were on the head. If that's not attempted murder, then nothing is!

Our 'justice' system is a absolute disgrace.

Same goes for stabbing someone. In my book it's attempted murder.

They use a lesser charge because there is a greater chance of conviction.

I was stabbed in the face with a 12 inch carving knife, and he had tried to stab me in the chest, it was dealt with as ABH as there was a greater chance of conviction, all he got was 8 months inside.

It's all down to the CPS who only take the case forward if they have an extremly good chance of winning.

If you watch the bodycam footage, it's scary.

The officer is so polite to him, the guy just doesn't cooperate and then it all kicks off. 

If that was in the US, the guy would have been shot.

The PC isn't back at work yet but I hope he recovers enough to continue to do such a good job.

Sadly, I doubt that 16 years actually means 16 years inside.

Also need to note that the CPS is very separate from the police and not blame the cops for prosecution politics.

According to today's Daily Telegraph, the jury "... found Rodwan guilty of wounding with intent, but cleared him of the more serious charge of attempted murder and also of possession of an offensive weapon."

So, he was in possession of a weapon and used it to commit an offence, but he was not in possession of an offensive weapon.   Can somebody please explain?

15 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

They use a lesser charge because there is a greater chance of conviction.

I was stabbed in the face with a 12 inch carving knife, and he had tried to stab me in the chest, it was dealt with as ABH as there was a greater chance of conviction, all he got was 8 months inside.

It's all down to the CPS who only take the case forward if they have an extremly good chance of winning.

All of which doesn't change the fact that this and what happened to you was attempted murder.

5 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Murder is common place in our society. How many life sentences can we dish out that actually last the offenders lifetime. The answer is none, because we would never have enough prison places. There is only one answer and that is to cull them all from society. 

All murder?

26 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

All of which doesn't change the fact that this and what happened to you was attempted murder.

I totally agree with you ,and i was shocked when the police told me what the charge was going to be, but the CPS make the decision and they apparantly will always go with the charge they think they will win, although with the camera footage of this officer i am dumbfounded as to why they did not run with attempted murder.