GGG brass

As I intend to buy a .308/7.62 rifle soon, and also reload my ammunition for it, I was very kindly given a load of the above GGG brass. I deprimed the cases, full sized them, then cleaned them using a dry tumbler then a sonic cleaner. I went to prime them earlier and found the primers very hard to insert. I then read that the original primers were crimped and that the cases should therefore be decrimped first. I've got a primer pocker reamer so no problem there. Has anyone else done this to GGG cases and are they good quality? They certainly feel 'solid'.

10 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

A quick google would suggest many have and find it very good quality. I haven't used any but will look out for some.

Have you decided on a stock yet?

I've just been reading about GGG brass and it does seem to be of good quality.

Yes, I'm getting the Oryx stock with the Howa Stealth 2 combo (Long Range)

39 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Yes Steve they are very good, and they will last a long time. The primers are crimped, I just give them a quick twist with a 3/8" drill bit to take it out.

Thanks Vince. I've got a primer pocker reamer, but I've seen many different ways of removing the crimp, as you have done with a 3/8" drill bit. I'll do them tomorrow and prime them. They'll be ready for reloading once I get the rifle. I could get it now, as being a member of a rifle range (Pro Shoot Firearms Club) it would be granted, but I would have to pay a variation fee. Or I can wait until my FAC is renewed (expires May 20th this year) and then have it added, which is what I'll probably do. I don't think a variation would come through quickly anyway.

You have NRA ggg brass that is loaded to military specs it has a crimped primer you need to de crimp it primer pocket before repriming.  

Except for 2019 batch the brass is very good around lapua standard.  Look at imperial 2019 target rifle shooters reports the brass was soft and a primer issue caused it to stretch and snap lots of extractors. 

3 hours ago, Lever357 said:

Yes I use GGG ammunition, (£11 for 20 at my club) and use the brass for reloading. Once the crimp is removed they are fine and I have friends who have had ten reloads out of them. It is NATO ammuntion so has to meet a lot of standards and be good quality.

If I can get the GGG ammunition, then I'll try it, but I'm quite happy to get the brass and decrimp them.