Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I went on a Friday 2 or 3 years ago and it was too busy for my tastes, very hard to move around. I also found the food options pretty bad and the stalls very trade focused.  There were some good deals on second hand guns but hard to get service and little space to swing them around. I much prefer the game fair in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigroomboy said:

I went on a Friday 2 or 3 years ago and it was too busy for my tastes, very hard to move around. I also found the food options pretty bad and the stalls very trade focused.  There were some good deals on second hand guns but hard to get service and little space to swing them around. I much prefer the game fair in the summer.

Exactly my experiences. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went last year and I’m hoping this year they are either in a bigger hall or split over two , it was all too tight , job too get round , and too stop and look at things ! , Friday would be quieter than w/end but way show was laid out don’t think it will make much difference , shame really because it could be so good ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment i'm 50-50 if i go or not, i certainly don't agree with the NEC listening to the anti brigade, and actually stopping certain shooting groups from attending the show. 

Add to that the spiraling cost of the stands, many of the smaller exhibitors wont be going, and then there are those that look down at you unless your dressed up in the latest Musto fancy dress shooting regalia you just get ignored, brushed aside or even seem to be wearing an invisible coat. Yet my money is as good as any, and in my back pocket not on a card. 

 

 

In fact thinking about it, ill save my time traveling and go shooting instead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to look into this I was going , parking was free last year , if they are now charging that’s me giving it a miss ! ,not paying £20 to park then£20 to get in with bit of food and a drink that’s a bit of cash , @nd that’s if you don’t buy anything !!! 

3 hours ago, scouser said:

Mates just booked parking for Sunday,   could not believe it £20 ,  ripped off again.

Have to look into this I was going , parking was free last year , if they are now charging that’s me giving it a miss ! ,not paying £20 to park then£20 to get in with bit of food and a drink that’s a bit of cash , @nd that’s if you don’t buy anything !!! 

Just been onto the shooting show website and clearly says on there parking is free for the show ! You might want to get in touch and get you money back on that ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went on the Friday and Sunday 2 years ago and the Friday was much busier than Sunday. Last year went to the National Motorcycle Museums International Arms Fair on the Sunday morning and to the show afterwards about 1pm - much emptier than going in the morning. Its worth going into the motorcycle museum cafe just for something to eat before the NEC - basic but much nicer and cheaper than the unpleasant slop they sell at the NEC. Parking should be free at the NEC and they've added an extra hall so should hopefully not be as crowded as previously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, safc1973 said:

Went on the Friday and Sunday 2 years ago and the Friday was much busier than Sunday. Last year went to the National Motorcycle Museums International Arms Fair on the Sunday morning and to the show afterwards about 1pm - much emptier than going in the morning. Its worth going into the motorcycle museum cafe just for something to eat before the NEC - basic but much nicer and cheaper than the unpleasant slop they sell at the NEC. Parking should be free at the NEC and they've added an extra hall so should hopefully not be as crowded as previously.

Is the motor cycle museum nearby

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2020 at 11:09, scouser said:

Mates just booked parking for Sunday,   could not believe it £20 ,  ripped off again.

From their site "Parking is free and accompanied visitors 15 and under go free."

I spoke to a vendor and he reckoned early Sunday morning was the quietest time, I'm aiming to be there half an hour before it opens!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We went 2 years ago on the Sunday, I was hoping to pick up a bargain, it turned out the only two stands that had what I was looking for sold them both on the Saturday.

Last year we went on the Saturday, it was ok but as far as I could tell nothing had changed. Shall be saving the money this year and putting it towards attended a few game fairs instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...