Shooting show

bumpy22

I've been today (Friday). There were no signs on site directing Shooting Show traffic to any of the carparks. We ended up in North 4 carpark more by luck than judgment, and yes it is free parking. Last year they used 3 halls, this year they are using 5, so it's a bit more spread out. I managed to see everything I wanted to quite comfortably without feeling like a tinned sardine although it did get stuffy after a couple of hours or so. As previously mentioned it's a good idea to take some food unless you fancy a Wetherspoons. Anyway I managed to give the credit card a workout so I'm now off to play with my new toys. 

Actually, it took me four signs to realise that the BSS 2020 sings meant British Shooting Show! Luckily it was in the same hall as before so I just followed my nose. Sounds silly, but quite a few people had the same experience as I did! Basically you realise what the sign means as soon as you arrive there :-)

Anyway, for a friday it was quite manageable, met quite a few people, got quite a few bargains (nothing very shooty, but Loake shoes always are good if you find your size/style). There were a few more "mom and pop" stands as 2 years ago (we skipped last year). So overall not a huge amount of loot, but not a bad showing.

Almost ALL the big shotgun names are missing -- apart from Caesar Guerini -- there's quite a few VIP about too, and the FieldSport Channel has a really nice stand, with everyone you know, some food, some goodies etc etc, really enjoyed that one.

Went today

much the same as last year with some stands in exactly the same spot

food was ok sat and had our lunch with Doug Florent from Oxford Gun Company which was very interesting

loads of bargains and some very nice guns along with interesting talks and demos. Signposting was dire until  you realised what to look for....fair enough

bought some bits and a nice leather hat to go with my immensely long Drizabone Drovers coat...and also realised that I Might want a Glock or,Sig Seur air pistol! Good reason to go to Harrogate or Manchester show later

Bought a Shooterking Greenland smock and trousers  at a very good price from a nice family business, Bailey's Shooting.

I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of goods on offer. Lots of places with guns on sale. Haven't been to a show in years, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

29 minutes ago, Sako7mm said:

Bought a Shooterking Greenland smock and trousers  at a very good price from a nice family business, Bailey's Shooting.

I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of goods on offer. Lots of places with guns on sale. Haven't been to a show in years, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

:good:

Went yesterday on the train the signs to the show were non existant and we had to ask the security and there were a lot of them for directions enjoyed it very much met old friends there was plenty of room this year and bought a toy for my dog and enjoyed looking at all the guns and accessories, for £20 a good day out 

1 hour ago, The Heron said:

Went yesterday on the train the signs to the show were non existant and we had to ask the security and there were a lot of them for directions enjoyed it very much met old friends there was plenty of room this year and bought a toy for my dog and enjoyed looking at all the guns and accessories, for £20 a good day out 

That is the way to look @ it for £20 it’s a really good day out, if you go with a mindset I will buy that because I think it’s a bargain you end up buying #### you probably don’t need & will never use.

Been before and went again today. 

Had a slow amble around, saw some stuff, tried some stuff, met some friends. Had a decent day out. Took our own food because theirs is abysmal and way over priced. I dont like really like the NEC though.

It was better at Stoneleigh though.

Went yesterday for the day, a long trip from Northumberland. 

Show was ok but crammed in no real space to look at things properly and the things l was after had been sold but websites not updated.

Was a reasonable but costly day out to come back with not a lot  

Would l go again? No, prefer gamefairs or the do at Harrogate, more spaces and partly out doors.