The worlds gone mad

team tractor

I have had a few problems the last week with my boys school and chatting to my lads at work I’ve discovered that everybody is scared .

ill start with my lads. They are 20 years old and we were chatting about school. We were joking about the showers and they said the school don’t ask them to shower after PE . In fact they never showered once at school after PE . 
we had to shower every time and the teachers made sure everyone walked through. It was part of it and hygienic. I never once thought anything different. Everyone is scared in case they’re labelled a pedo .

Now on to my boy ..... I’m livid at the school over this .

My 10 year old boy / my pride and joy has been starting to smell of sweaty feet and arm pits and skimping In the shower so I said to him it’s time to wash. 
we have a little saying . Neck, shoulders, boobs , bum , willy , feet. It’s been said to him for 5+ years easily so he never forgets anything. He’s been having a Problem with the tap so when he’s finished I reach in and turn it off . I sit on my phone until he’s finished and think nothing of it and leave him to wash. 
he said at the school about the tap and I’ve been reported 😡😡😡. I’ve since spoken to social services and thank god the woman had common sense. 
She said the advice is you shouldn’t see your child naked at all after 7. But the advice is every family is different and they understand it just looking after him and making sure he washes . Only suggestion is give him a little space which I have as long as remembers our saying . They’ve said they are happy to end it . 

Now I know schools have to look out for children and safeguarding but “ dad tells me to wash properly and turns the shower off“ is hardly a crime when I’m just looking out for my boy as he’s growing up. 
I’ve told him if he is ever worried about things or any questions to just ask. 

I think to many people are scared of a label .

id never hurt my boy and he’s been doing so well . 

Edited by team tractor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All families are different, my first major girlfriend used to shower effectively naked in front of her family (one toilet household)  and she was a stunning 17 year old. I queried this and they thought I was odd that my family were so uptight! At the other end of the scale, my second girlfriend refused to wee in any house that didn’t have a proper lock on the bathroom door.

Just now, WalkedUp said:

All families are different, my first major girlfriend used to shower effectively naked in front of her family (one toilet household)  and she was a stunning 17 year old. I queried this and they thought I was odd that my family were so uptight! At the other end of the scale, my second girlfriend refused to wee in any house that didn’t have a proper lock on the bathroom door.

My wife has to be at home 😂

My family was up tight around nakedness and anything at all sexual be it on TV or speaking about it. 

So I tried not to be, my lad would walk around with just his socks on as a kid, unless we had visitors he wasn't told to cover up as such. He new about sex from school at an early age and was able to ask me or his mum anything if he wanted. 

My mum was open minding but my dad's was a stern Catholic and not sure I ever heard him sware and he would turn the TV off if anything risky came on. 

the real concern should be how do these people’s mind work to come up with the sort of thought you would do anything wrong it’s very suspicious people have minds like that like any proper parent your only taking care of his hygiene i would rip the school a new one for questioning me like that 

9 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the real concern should be how do these people’s mind work to come up with the sort of thought you would do anything wrong it’s very suspicious people have minds like that like any proper parent your only taking care of his hygiene i would rip the school a new one for questioning me like that 

It turns out the worry lady / school social worker seeked him out too. 
The head teacher said I was clearly wrong seeing my boy shower . Maybe he’s hiding something 

3 minutes ago, Leach said:

What it is you can't be too careful of sexual predators male or female going off the subject as a joke my sister as to shout for the woman next to come and bath me and she says yes please

I totally get that but I’d understand if my son said I touch him but he literally said I have to turn the shower off .  It’s made me angry that the head teacher said I’m wrong for seeing my boy in the shower 😢

When I was a Caretaker, about 5 years ago, our Headmaster called a meeting and informed us that part of the school's new policy was that any member of staff that had contact with any pupil out of school hours should enter the details into a school log (despite us all being CRB checked) - I stood up and point blank refused (the Teachers, like Sheep, all agreed to this new policy) and explained, in front of the entire staff, that I was not going to let, say the Headmaster, know if I regularly met a child who appeared to be alone, on a regular basis, incase the Headteacher was a Child Molester - he was no more safety checked than we were. You should have seen his face - but he was stumped and the new policy was cancelled. Biggest shock for me was that Social Services from one region have no access to other regions files - a Paedo can simply move from one region to another and remain pretty much anonymous.

50 minutes ago, clangerman said:

There are hundreds of thousands of children being sexually abused as we speak. 

Living in a normal household you don’t think of it. 

When you work with kids and with child protection you hear all the horror stories, as well as work with those poor kids and unfortunately it warps your perspective. You have to deal with the horror and help those poor kids all the time. 

Don’t blame the teachers. You wouldn’t blame a soldier for actively differently because of the horrors they have seen and dealt with. 

9 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

When I was a Caretaker, about 5 years ago, our Headmaster called a meeting and informed us that part of the school's new policy was that any member of staff that had contact with any pupil out of school hours should enter the details into a school log (despite us all being CRB checked) - I stood up and point blank refused (the Teachers, like Sheep, all agreed to this new policy) and explained, in front of the entire staff, that I was not going to let, say the Headmaster, know if I regularly met a child who appeared to be alone, on a regular basis, incase the Headteacher was a Child Molester - he was no more safety checked than we were. You should have seen his face - but he was stumped and the new policy was cancelled. Biggest shock for me was that Social Services from one region have no access to other regions files - a Paedo can simply move from one region to another and remain pretty much anonymous.

Paedo’s are checked up on by Police not Social Services. They were forced to have a national system a long time ago because of people just moving to other counties. 

Anyone suspected of anything untoward towards children, Social services can get a background check off the Police easily. 

11 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I totally get that but I’d understand if my son said I touch him but he literally said I have to turn the shower off .  It’s made me angry that the head teacher said I’m wrong for seeing my boy in the shower 😢

Easy, get the shower fixed. 

Maybe I also have a warped view from working with kids who were badly abused, but it gets to a point where they need to learn about privacy. 

Just now, clangerman said:

my sister inlaw is a social worker i know exactly how their minds work that’s why we have this sort of rubbish happening 

Yes blame the social workers. It’s there fault is it ... not the hundreds of thousands sexually abusing kids 🙄

In our school we were forced to have communal showers after pe.

A teacher stood and watched us all as we did. Not sure why he was watching because he never said anything like "wash your neck properly", just stood and grinned and watched.

Not sure why he was there at all tbh because he was the french teacher not PE.

Never heard of him doing anything untoward but he was deffo creepy.

Nothing wrong with seeing your 7 year old, I think all families are different and so they should be. I would think we all know where the line is and when it has been crossed. Nothing wrong with a 17 year old walking around naked, a bit unusual but nothing wrong with it. (not something I would be comfortable with though, I'd be embarrassed) 

Just now, bruno22rf said:

Correct - if you are a known fiddler - many are not and simply move around. The team that came to our school were part of Social Services ( I signed them in) and told us all quite openly that different regions have no access to other regions files.

As I said, the police/probation services keeps track of known offenders, not social services. 

If social services request a police check on someone then the Police can check the national database and flag up if they have an offending history. 

Why would Social Services have access to all sorts of criminal records? Thats the Police:Probation services job and they do have a national records system. 

5 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Easy, get the shower fixed. 

Maybe I also have a warped view from working with kids who were badly abused, but it gets to a point where they need to learn about privacy. 

Yes blame the social workers. It’s there fault is it ... not the hundreds of thousands sexually abusing kids 🙄

It’s not broken 🙄. When it’s wet he can’t grip it. Simples . He needs to learn about hygiene first and not worry about his dad. He’s my flesh and blood and the shower has a privacy panel so I can’t see him. 

Edited by team tractor

It pathetic,my wife has just took early retirement from teaching as totally fed up with the whole system.The job no longer requires you to be a just qualified teacher.It also requires you to be an unqualified social worker that for fear of the so called 'Safeguarding' will class any bruise on a child as  potential child abuse.They were also told to report when a child talks about travelling between Villages on an evening.Some bulldung about 'County Lines'.Kids could possibly be mules for drugs,when in actual fact they are going to see Grandma Its ironic really as everytime some tragic story goes undetected, it's always down to a Social Servies failing.

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

Then change the tap or put a grip on it. 

This is nothing to do with a tap or shower but the fact he’s my boy

8 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Correct - if you are a known fiddler - many are not and simply move around. The team that came to our school were part of Social Services ( I signed them in) and told us all quite openly that different regions have no access to other regions files.

I work on schools maintenance and delivery’s so it really could affect my contracts . I’m all checked out . 
I work on every school within 10 miles . 
It’s upsetting my boy should be able to trust me . 

14 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

In our school we were forced to have communal showers after pe.

A teacher stood and watched us all as we did. Not sure why he was watching because he never said anything like "wash your neck properly", just stood and grinned and watched.

Not sure why he was there at all tbh because he was the french teacher not PE.

Never heard of him doing anything untoward but he was deffo creepy.

Nothing wrong with seeing your 7 year old, I think all families are different and so they should be. I would think we all know where the line is and when it has been crossed. Nothing wrong with a 17 year old walking around naked, a bit unusual but nothing wrong with it. (not something I would be comfortable with though, I'd be embarrassed) 

The teachers did the same for us and I never thought anything of it. He’s still working there 20 years later. 

5 minutes ago, Leach said:

Tell your son to get I. The shower at home otherwise I tell the girls in yor classyou smell

I’ve said to him if you want to have lots of friends to stay well washed and smell nice