The worlds gone mad

team tractor

I'm eighty years old and read this topic purely out of boredom whilst waiting for my disabled wife to finish her shower - Then I have to help her get dried, dress her etc.

Now I'm worried to hell.   Am I going to be arrested for my actions?   I have never had any carer training or passed any police checks.

On a more serious note - I am appalled at what I have read in this topic.   Is it really as bad as most of you say?   I thought the first set of posts were jokes - then I realised it was deadly serious.  

Thank the Gods that I had my family back before the world of PC became ridiculous.   Yes the kids need safeguards but not seeing your kids naked after seven years old!   What if he/she develops a huge growth somewhere?   He/she is too embarrassed to tell you and you don't know it's there until he/she drops down dead.  

This ain't the planet I was born on and that's for sure. 

Beam me up Scotty.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

I'm eighty years old and read this topic purely out of boredom whilst waiting for my disabled wife to finish her shower - Then I have to help her get dried, dress her etc.

Now I'm worried to hell.   Am I going to be arrested for my actions?   I have never had any carer training or passed any police checks.

On a more serious note - I am appalled at what I have read in this topic.   Is it really as bad as most of you say?   I thought the first set of posts were jokes - then I realised it was deadly serious.  

Thank the Gods that I had my family back before the world of PC became ridiculous.   Yes the kids need safeguards but not seeing your kids naked after seven years old!   What if he/she develops a huge growth somewhere?   He/she is too embarrassed to tell you and you don't know it's there until he/she drops down dead.  

This ain't the planet I was born on and that's for sure. 

Beam me up Scotty.

I’ve spotted bruises on him and always ask where they come from. He’s my boy so I like to know in case he’s been bullied . 
I had to have the chat yesterday about cleaning behind somewhere . Hope I’m not in trouble again 🙈🙄. ( just talking not showing) 
The funny thing is you say about your wife. When I met my wife I snapped my leg a year later and was in a bad way . She wiped my bum and everything. That’s how I knew she’s wife material. 

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

remember around 10 years ago I was on a car park with a mate . A lad around 14-15 had a puncture. He was a mate of a mates son and had a 2 mile walk  so we chucked the bike in the van and I dropped him off while thinking nothing of it. 
I think looking back I was daft but I was just being helpful and I made him ring his parents. 
I’d never do it again but let’s say he’d been hurt while walking back ?  I’d of felt guilty.

This came up during my safe guarding course,  your never to be on your with a child, just incase they make an accusation. 

Our Judo class used to be kids and adults on separate areas, there was a dad and lad both came, dad helped out with the club lad was 13/14, dad was often on call so might not be able to stay till the end if his phone went, I'd run him home afterwards 5 minutes up the road.

Honestly the social workers went white, cant possibly do that!!!!

And I've heard loads of people say they wouldn't help a kid in distress incase they were accused of something,  shocking really.

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

This came up during my safe guarding course,  your never to be on your with a child, just incase they make an accusation. 

Our Judo class used to be kids and adults on separate areas, there was a dad and lad both came, dad helped out with the club lad was 13/14, dad was often on call so might not be able to stay till the end if his phone went, I'd run him home afterwards 5 minutes up the road.

Honestly the social workers went white, cant possibly do that!!!!

And I've heard loads of people say they wouldn't help a kid in distress incase they were accused of something,  shocking really.

I think there is something wrong with a number of posts, not just this.

Being alone with a vulnerable person is not a good idea but it is workable. I meet with several different YP a week alone, however we are visible to others, be it McD's, a school room or at my workplace. Same goes with cars, the YP sits in the back, people/cameras see part or full journeys, line managers are informed as much as possible.

Sometimes it is posts like this and others on this thread lead to misunderstanding and fear.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

I think there is something wrong with a number of posts, not just this.

Being alone with a vulnerable person is not a good idea but it is workable. I meet with several different YP a week alone, however we are visible to others, be it McD's, a school room or at my workplace. Same goes with cars, the YP sits in the back, people/cameras see part or full journeys, line managers are informed as much as possible.

Sometimes it is posts like this and others on this thread lead to misunderstanding and fear.

Why what have I said to cause misunderstanding and fear?? Is saying what was said to me wrong??

when i was at high school , we had a pe teacher by the name of richard fidgeon , his favourite pastime was to watch the young  lads taking a shower after a pe class , he was reported many times , but it was always brushed aside , none of the other teachers would believe that he would ever do such a thing (turns out that loads of them knew the truth but let it carry on  !) , richard fidgeon eventually got caught and jailed for having a living room full of drunk and naked young boys (from another school) , according to my old boss who still did work for him after his release from prison, richard fidgeon was of the opinion that it was just good clean fun , and that it was unfair that he went to prison.

paedophiles should be humanely despatched on their first conviction , alternatively , they should be locked up for the rest of their life , with no possibility of parole . these dirty paedo monsters , are the reason that the whole country is paranoid , and why good parents are under the spotlight for being close to , and looking after their children.

i sincerely hope that richard fidgeon googles his own name at some point , and this post pops up on his screen .

we all knew what you were you dirty filthy cowardly repulsive pervert , and prison was far better than you deserved !.

15 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Don’t beat around the bush Mel.....tell us what you really think! :whistling:

i really hope that if hes still alive , he sees that post , i hope that he cringes with shame , and knows that people still remember who and what he is , he was a very vain man , with a very high opinion of himself , the reality is that he is just a cowardly perverted piece of filth , that preyed on young boys that were unable to fight back , god knows what things he might have done but got away with.

Scum!

I once told my Son off in the middle of Stamford next to the car after parking it.

Next day I got a visit from a Police Sergeant who had the presence of mind to accept my side of the story, not the busybody that must have reported me and the registration number of my car.

The copper said "I have daughters, I understand how frustrating kids can be, I have to investigate this matter, but just be more careful where you tell them off".

My wife was terrified and told me that a record would have been put against my name and also against our sons names at school.

All because some damned snowflake saw me telling my child off.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

On 25/01/2020 at 07:37, team tractor said:

My mate and his wife have taken a boy on after theirs moved out ( adults now) and it’s lovely to see how happy he is. 
He has a lovely bedroom and everything he needs and is cared for like their own. 
it’s a wonderful thing to see

Something we would love to do although I suspect that we will be well in our 60's before ours move out!