Any PW member have a Road bike

Davyo

I've always had MTB's but always fancied a Road Bike.So last October I bit the bullet & purchased my 1st RB.Didnt realise that these things come with no pedals lol.So another small fortune for clips and shoes and shoes all ready for the Spring.

Plan on using the RB through Spring till Autumn and then use the MTB over the Winter months.

02520201443.jpg

0252020140.jpg

02520201213.jpg

Hi yes I’ve a Carbon framed Cannondale,I knew it came with no peddles so I took my old ones off my other bike before I sold it ,my mrs thought it was hilarious that I spent £ **** on a bike with no peddles and ripped the pee ,not been out on the road on it since last September after I had a crash and cracked my shoulder blade ,weather been poo too so it’s set up on a turbo trainer in the garage with a tv on the wall so I can watch Netflix etc whilst have a work out 

I've got a couple road bikes, a CX, a 29er hard-tail and in the process of building up a flash new CX which I'm hoping is going to be a pretty much do most things kind of bike. I was going 1x12 originally but have plumped for 2x12 as this should make it more usable on the road as well as off it.

Was out this morning with my road club on MTBs - bit of a puncture fest...

I ride a Giant Defy. Lovely bike. Not so easy to swap back to MTB as they feel so slow and heavy afterwards 🙂 

Just booked a flight to Dobrovnic and back from split. Cycling between the two with a detour to Sarjevo. Nothing too mad as our gear is being shipped and days are no more than 40/50 miles. 

I ride a Giant Defy. Lovely bike. Not so easy to swap back to MTB as they feel so slow and heavy afterwards 🙂 

Just booked a flight to Dobrovnic and back from split. Cycling between the two with a detour to Sarjevo. Nothing too mad as our gear is being shipped and days are no more than 40/50 miles. 

Oddly I'm the opposite, after a long ride on the road bike I feel more stable on the mountain bike if I go out the next day, not sure why as it makes no sense...

I'm off to Spain for my first road bike holiday in a few months, I've been to Lake Garda with the mountain bike a few times and love it there.

10 hours ago, figgy said:

Wymberly that's a proper gentleman's pedal cycle. Nice spring leather saddle and mudguards to keep you clean. No need to wear a bright condom from head to foot to ride it either.

The new e bikes are more what I would ride these days.

:lol::lol::lol:

And apart from being so funny, it is at times also so apt.

I've been riding MTB's since 1990, although I was discussing road bikes at the weekend. Always fancied a go but never got around to it. We see quite a few roadies when we're out and about and I wondered what it was like to ride a much lighter bike.

I love off-road riding and doubt I'll ever make the switch.

I've got a FS and HT and love them both.

DSC_1166 - Copy.JPG

HT clean re-sized.jpg

IMG-20190808-WA0025.jpg

Water Splash - Copy.jpg

My son has been into bikes much like I was when younger. BMX and MTB, though I had racers for more years to get around on.

He was going for some clothes to go downhill MTB up Northumberland. Came home with stretchy jeans and tee shirts. I asked him where his lycra was, I can't post his replies 😂😂

To be fair if that's your sport you wear the appropriate clothing same as shooting etc. Some just wouldn't be seen in public in them.

4 hours ago, figgy said:

My son has been into bikes much like I was when younger. BMX and MTB, though I had racers for more years to get around on.

He was going for some clothes to go downhill MTB up Northumberland. Came home with stretchy jeans and tee shirts. I asked him where his lycra was, I can't post his replies 😂😂

To be fair if that's your sport you wear the appropriate clothing same as shooting etc. Some just wouldn't be seen in public in them.

figgy, if your driving through Durham and after rubbing your eyes you believe you've just seen an escaped Seal from a Circus riding a bike.Fear not its only me in black Lycra!

40 minutes ago, figgy said:

Ha ha I hope not I might crash the car.

You got a pair of socks or silicone enhancement to go down the front of your shorts. Can't walk about in lycra looking gender neutral, Linford must be displayed proudly 😂

I keep my 2 bananas,so hangs both to the left and the right,so I'm covered.

At least the photograph shows the rider wearing sensible Hiviz clothing. It seems the macho thing these days not only for cycle riders but also walkers and runners to wear black and in the last two weeks I have almost wiped a couple up. One a woman 'power walking' at 6am down an unlit country lane with no footpaths and had she had gloves on I think I would have hit her as the only thing that drew my attention was her two fists pumping away as she ran.  All of you who ride bikes, I commend you BUT please wear some reflective clothing please as even in broad daylight black gets lost in shadows on a sunny day.

6 hours ago, hedge said:

I've been riding MTB's since 1990, although I was discussing road bikes at the weekend. Always fancied a go but never got around to it. We see quite a few roadies when we're out and about and I wondered what it was like to ride a much lighter bike.

I love off-road riding and doubt I'll ever make the switch.

I've got a FS and HT and love them both.

It's like chalk and cheese. First thing different is the ride is uncompromising. After that the speed is exhilerating. Good fun but MTB is a buzz also, two sides of a coin.