What a great season

Sean stoke

Good evening all 

I would just like to say that I hope you have all had a brilliant shooting season . I cannot believe how quick it has gone and sadly all come to and end , yet felt like we waited for ever for it to start . 

If any keepers in the Staffordshire area are short of beaters in the future seasons or need any voluntary help for free then feel free to message I would be more than happy and willing to help . 

Cheers 

27 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Still have two days to go and then help out on a beaters day but YES, the seasons semm to go faster every year.  Here's hoping I am still kicking, to enjoy next years.

We had a shoot today , next Friday is the estates owner's last day and our beaters day is on the Saturday , and then the next four Saturdays are for winding down , a nice relaxed afternoon roost shooting 

They say as you get older the time goes quicker , it certainly seems that way , my wife say it's a good job it do in some ways , as life in general is put on hold during the shooting season and several little jobs are building up , it shouldn't take to long changing a few light bulbs  :lol:

1 minute ago, marsh man said:

We had a shoot today , next Friday is the estates owner's last day and our beaters day is on the Saturday , and then the next four Saturdays are for winding down , a nice relaxed afternoon roost shooting 

They say as you get older the time goes quicker , it certainly seems that way , my wife say it's a good job it do in some ways , as life in general is put on hold during the shooting season and several little jobs are building up , it shouldn't take to long changing a few light bulbs  :lol:

Yes I totally agree , I have a big long list of the wife with all the Jobs that need to be done as I have made every excuse in the book to go shooting then out with the guns and beaters afterwards then end up to rough on the Sunday 😂

3 minutes ago, Sean stoke said:

Yes I totally agree , I have a big long list of the wife with all the Jobs that need to be done as I have made every excuse in the book to go shooting then out with the guns and beaters afterwards then end up to rough on the Sunday 😂

My wife once said , if I am happy then she is happy , although she can never remember saying that , I can pass on the drink as I don't bother , I already get enough aches and pains without adding to them :good:

Just had two days back to back and then again on Monday and fortunately my wife enjoys the scene more than I do I think. Fortunately the wet weather has put most of my homework on hold but hopefully it will dry up soon as it has been a pain...literally.... not being able to get around with vehicles, even tractors without tearing up the surroundings.  A fellow gun had one of thos fancy watches which tell you how many steps and just prior to the last drive we had covered best part of four and a half miles across muddy waterlogged fields. That evening my legs reminded me of it.Snow in North Wales I am told.

25 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Just had two days back to back and then again on Monday and fortunately my wife enjoys the scene more than I do I think. Fortunately the wet weather has put most of my homework on hold but hopefully it will dry up soon as it has been a pain...literally.... not being able to get around with vehicles, even tractors without tearing up the surroundings.  A fellow gun had one of thos fancy watches which tell you how many steps and just prior to the last drive we had covered best part of four and a half miles across muddy waterlogged fields. That evening my legs reminded me of it.Snow in North Wales I am told.

Wow that sounds like hard work at least it keeps you fit .