Beretta Side by Sides

Lloyd90

5 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Always found the pistol grip on them never suited my hands 

they were built heavy to try and suit the traditional shooter who would shoot a lot of clays I believe at the same time aya brought out the 722 for a similar market 

the 20 bore is a different gun altogether 

Why is that with the 20 bore mate? 
I shot my 20 bore silver pigeon today, cracking gun pulled down some decent birds :) 

They handle like OUs generally and sit at the heavy end of sbs the Parabello is a little more towards the traditional sbs but still not fully there.  Not heard they where for the traditionalists who wanted a sbs clay but makes some sense.  

like the sp 20bore the Beretta sbs is a lively gun that’s still controllable and very pointable with the longer barrels. 

3 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

They handle like OUs generally and sit at the heavy end of sbs the Parabello is a little more towards the traditional sbs but still not fully there.  Not heard they where for the traditionalists who wanted a sbs clay but makes some sense.  

like the sp 20bore the Beretta sbs is a lively gun that’s still controllable and very pointable with the longer barrels. 

The 20 bore Beretta side by sides sound alright then. 

My SP 20 bore has 28” barrels, shot lovely yesterday dropped some nice birds shooting 28g 6’s. 

2 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

A guy your build I’d be looking at a 30” more forgiving to shoot.  

Why is that then Daf? 

My 12 bore SP is 29 1/2 with the addition of some Teague that brings it up to 30", which I shoot ok, however some of the best birds I have shot all season have been with a 12 bore Spanish Master SxS with 28" barrels and doubt trigger, and a stock that is too short compared to my others.

Only reason I didn't use it Sat was because the butt was away having a bit extra added on. However the 20 bore was taken for a run out, and really impressed me. 

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Why is that then Daf? 

My 12 bore SP is 29 1/2 with the addition of some Teague that brings it up to 30", which I shoot ok, however some of the best birds I have shot all season have been with a 12 bore Spanish Master SxS with 28" barrels and doubt trigger, and a stock that is too short compared to my others.

Only reason I didn't use it Sat was because the butt was away having a bit extra added on. However the 20 bore was taken for a run out, and really impressed me. 

A light gun will stop faster and also take off faster.  Simple fact they are more controllable 32” some people struggle with but a 30” 20 b around 6 1/2 lbs is generally nice forgiving gun to shoot.