Easy quad stick modifications

Houseplant

My quad sticks are DIY made from plastic-coated garden "canes". I've just covered them in camo cloth tape. Not for camouflage as I mainly use them at night, but it makes them quieter, more comfortable to hold and the tape grips the rifle stock nicely. No downside apart from a slight increase in weight. You can get the tape cheap from AliExpress.

I've also cut down the stick closest to my face for slightly easier mounting and made that pole more visible with coloured tape to get the correct orientation quicker.

Lastly, I've put a short length of bicycle inner tube over the bolt heads/nuts. It reduces noise and shine, but doesn't affect deployment.

Simple things, but thought I'd share.

Haha! I've spent many an evening trying to find my sticks. I often drop them when a prone shot present itself, go collect the animal, field dress it, then think where are those bloody sticks! Hopefully the white tape I put on the last few inchest of the short stick will help in this respect.

I would have thought in this modern techie age you would have a detector on the sticks and an app on your phone .......no just kidding.

I only use one stick but when I did use a two stick set up I rolled three or four O rings up the sticks and this almost stopped any clinking and clanking.

With  single stick I can still kneel and with the stick placed by the inside of my right heel and the stick pulled onto my knee I can shoot off the stick protruding infron and can also move side to side quite a bit if an animal moves.   I use a simple hazel stick length the same height as my shoulder.   Easy to just stick it in the ground as I usually put a piece of sharpend antler or better still a pricket antler on the tip.  I have lost count those that must be still sticking in the ground around the UK, likewise knives:mad: