Renewed threat from Avery

McSpredder

On 28/01/2020 at 14:11, mick miller said:

Ignore my comments, I'm pretty much resigned to the realisation that the battle for minds, here in the UK, is largely lost already. 

But that's just me. 

People will not have there minds changed and the hunting folks in what ever form that is will all ways be out numbered. Some people hate all aspects of it and they will never be changed. Some don't give a toss either way. The simple fact is the minority should not have to have the views of others forced on them espeacially by people who have no clue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading Avery on Twitter and he is encouraging people to donate to Wild Justice for their crowd funding to fight Natural Resources Wales on the general licence.At a time when the Welsh government have other things on their agenda these self appointed guardians of our countryside are determined to drag this back to the courts,I do hope the organisations will combine to fight this as they did on the release of game into the countryside.

48 minutes ago, greylag said:

Just reading Avery on Twitter and he is encouraging people to donate to Wild Justice for their crowd funding to fight Natural Resources Wales on the general licence.At a time when the Welsh government have other things on their agenda these self appointed guardians of our countryside are determined to drag this back to the courts,I do hope the organisations will combine to fight this as they did on the release of game into the countryside.

Avery might do well to join this forum (if he hasn't already) to see how many shooters feel spring crop protection can be left to later in the year and help justify chasing a closed season as a fall back. 

On March 31, 2020 at 18:54, Scully said:

Can I ask why the over large type? It appears as if you’re shouting as well as ranting. 

Sorry is this better

As a landowner we shoot here on the estate with family and friends.pheasant partridge duck on flight pond my father sent me to the old game conservatory in fordingbridge hampshire to learn the estate wildlife etc.in 1968. I also bought and had delivered the magazine of the day. The gamekeeper and countryside and have them still to this day.... That was when keepers were keepers guns were gentlemen and the estates were regular .. Keep out areas to public as is ours today.

Yes i care for shooting give charity donations to the game keepers  trust many suffer their homes are past to the next keepr on retirement they rely on councils and countryside charities. I allow the  2 village lads the right to shoot the woodies and vermin have been asked by pest control firms but denied them as they charge members too high for a profit we could do that but no we here are private  we rear birds in parkland near keepers home and our keeper gets help from the 2 youths and others rearing. Birds etc ..  and  I talk to the local MP to be informed..the estate makes an income from farming rents and woodland management wind power gen ..by E on the keeper will be given another suitable home in retirement and part time income as we do care...ok

SO ....Yes I care and I do understand that the LARGER type is regarded as shouting....but if that is needed to keep pigeon shooting as it is .... Then I WILL bloody well shout..ok

Edited by clay shooter

I wasn't being flippant about some shooters deserving a closed season.

There is serious concern about insufficient veg picker availability on the  way and seemingly a stack of it is going to be wasted - possibly throughout Europe even with a lot of people not wanting - or being fit enough to do it.

My thoughts are that's going to put extra demand on grain crops that is drilled, maintained, harvested, transported and stored mechanically with minimal labour. After the wet winter farmers badly need their grain crops to get the best possible start - and that is currently overdue.

Please WAKE up DEFRA and chief constables. It can be done alone - you can't leave that just to professionals, if it could be left to them there'd never have been a need for farmers to arrange sport or pastime shooting. Little wonder so much barely profitable farmland is being sold for housing.

Edited by Dave-G

On March 31, 2020 at 19:31, Scully said:

Indeed. 👍

Yes true but the situation at the moment is rather dangerous  with contact. We have to do the best with farm crops

We here have sewn most crops we grow peas were in 3weeks ago we got a good few days.  carrot to go in next can plant

That one man as with the sprout. So the harvest will be the problem but the virus restrictions  may be over by then so we

Can be back to normal..my worry is the shooting season in september for partridge and october pheasant...what then ..pegs are apart..walk between drives..stay meters apart no lunch ????? Give us a clue. Yes cancel the shoots..or walk around ... Walk up shooting 

7 hours ago, clay shooter said:

Sorry is this better

As a landowner we shoot here on the estate with family and friends.pheasant partridge duck on flight pond my father sent me to the old game conservatory in fordingbridge hampshire to learn the estate wildlife etc.in 1968. I also bought and had delivered the magazine of the day. The gamekeeper and countryside and have them still to this day.... That was when keepers were keepers guns were gentlemen and the estates were regular .. Keep out areas to public as is ours today.

Yes i care for shooting give charity donations to the game keepers  trust many suffer their homes are past to the next keepr on retirement they rely on councils and countryside charities. I allow the  2 village lads the right to shoot the woodies and vermin have been asked by pest control firms but denied them as they charge members too high for a profit we could do that but no we here are private  we rear birds in parkland near keepers home and our keeper gets help from the 2 youths and others rearing. Birds etc ..  and  I talk to the local MP to be informed..the estate makes an income from farming rents and woodland management wind power gen ..by E on the keeper will be given another suitable home in retirement and part time income as we do care...ok

SO ....Yes I care and I do understand that the LARGER type is regarded as shouting....but if that is needed to keep pigeon shooting as it is .... Then I WILL bloody well shout..ok

Properly done! Well done Sir. And long may you continue with it.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Social media now causes more trouble than religion.

By that I mean where have theses people gleaned all the pictures and knowledge about what we are doing out on private land.

In all the years I have been shooting I have never had to justify shooting a few pigeons, blacks, magpies, etc, even if they were not actually doing any damage, in fact most of the public and friends hadn’t a clue what went on in the countryside or what I was shooting, most thought I just went out and shot the odd rabbit or pheasant for dinner.

Cannot remember it word for word but one of his early comments when the GL fiasco  kicked off was…’I want to see a stop to people who just go out into the countryside taking pot shots at anything they fancy, millions of birds are killed each year under the terms of the General Licences and many of these deaths will not be justified and their bird-killing actions may also have been illegal for several decades. 

14 hours ago, old'un said:

By that I mean where have theses people gleaned all the pictures and knowledge about what we are doing out on private land.

In all the years I have been shooting I have never had to justify shooting a few pigeons, blacks, magpies, etc, even if they were not actually doing any damage, in fact most of the public and friends hadn’t a clue what went on in the countryside or what I was shooting, most thought I just went out and shot the odd rabbit or pheasant for dinner.

Cannot remember it word for word but one of his early comments when the GL fiasco  kicked off was…’I want to see a stop to people who just go out into the countryside taking pot shots at anything they fancy, millions of birds are killed each year under the terms of the General Licences and many of these deaths will not be justified and their bird-killing actions may also have been illegal for several decades. 

Quite right that comment was made by packham on tv and social media adds to that look at you tube see the shooting videos ..look at the idiots acting dangerous with guns. Then  we have murders..drive by city shootings insane holders who have been genuine upholders of the law..just lost temp control..we all must stay calm keep legal and show the public we can shoot fair and square within the law..I know that our  shooting vermin and the woodie over farm food crops will survive intact in  the coming June trial if the coronvirus legislation is relaxed . But it could be changed by the idiots who dont care for real sportsmanship then it could be only farmers and landowners who can hold firearms then where would most of pigeon watch members be?? God forbid this would happen... But newscasts and newspapers carry shooting each day.. How long before enough is enough the public cry

On April 15, 2020 at 03:02, Dave-G said:

I wasn't being flippant about some shooters deserving a closed season.

There is serious concern about insufficient veg picker availability on the  way and seemingly a stack of it is going to be wasted - possibly throughout Europe even with a lot of people not wanting - or being fit enough to do it.

My thoughts are that's going to put extra demand on grain crops that is drilled, maintained, harvested, transported and stored mechanically with minimal labour. After the wet winter farmers badly need their grain crops to get the best possible start - and that is currently overdue.

Please WAKE up DEFRA and chief constables. It can be done alone - you can't leave that just to professionals, if it could be left to them there'd never have been a need for farmers to arrange sport or pastime shooting. Little wonder so much barely profitable farmland is being sold for housing.

Defra is flying in pickers from Romania starting next week 500per day..virus free straight to the farms for isolation in mobile homes so crops picked and dispatched ok 

1 hour ago, clay shooter said:

Defra is flying in pickers from Romania starting next week 500per day..virus free straight to the farms for isolation in mobile homes so crops picked and dispatched ok 

hello, how will they know virus free ? on arrival they are having temperature checked ???, fill in a health form ???, given hand sanitiser and face masks on the plane as well as social distancing, live on site, i cannot see every one in their own caravan, can you see them self isolating on the farm? G growers UK grow lettuce and celery,   and if any gets taken ill ?? if people in uk know about this would you buy these products, yes i know there is a shortage of labour, so why not advertise , Britain Needs You remember those posters!!!!

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, how will they know virus free ? on arrival they are having temperature checked ???, fill in a health form ???, given hand sanitiser and face masks on the plane as well as social distancing, live on site, i cannot see every one in their own caravan, can you see them self isolating on the farm? G growers UK grow lettuce and celery,   and if any gets taken ill ?? if people in uk know about this would you buy these products, yes i know there is a shortage of labour, so why not advertise , Britain Needs You remember those posters!!!!

It seems it’s true…https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/15/romanian-fruit-pickers-flown-uk-crisis-farming-sector-coronavirus

On 31/03/2020 at 20:55, captainhastings said:

People will not have there minds changed and the hunting folks in what ever form that is will all ways be out numbered. Some people hate all aspects of it and they will never be changed. Some don't give a toss either way. The simple fact is the minority should not have to have the views of others forced on them especially by people who have no clue

Correct IMHO.

On 15/04/2020 at 12:14, London Best said:

Social media now causes more trouble than religion.

Some form of opium for the masses?

On 15/04/2020 at 13:56, old'un said:

And even more millions a slaughtered by domestic CAT's!

The three directors of WJ are twittering today about the demise of the forthcoming shooting season,and that they now have the money to challenge Welsh government about general licences.The three directors are the driving force behind these judicial reviews and do nothing constructive toward conservation.They are left wing activist's who wallow in their own importance.

On 20/04/2020 at 17:45, greylag said:

The three directors of WJ are twittering today about the demise of the forthcoming shooting season,and that they now have the money to challenge Welsh government about general licences.The three directors are the driving force behind these judicial reviews and do nothing constructive toward conservation.They are left wing activist's who wallow in their own importance.

I understand BASC (and others?) have applied to the courts for interested party status in this JR, which I understand allows them to challenge and counter WJ case!