Renewed threat from Avery

McSpredder

25 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I understand BASC (and others?) have applied to the courts for interested party status in this JR, which I understand allows them to challenge and counter WJ case!

I'm beginning to suspect some licence officers are in cahoots with WJ' There's very few activities that can be as far away from other people than walking alone in a private field with a rifle doing any kind of pest control, but some FLO's are stubbornly refusing to accept the extreme distancing merit this offers whilst also getting exercise, vitamin D and fresh air.

I'm tempted not to bother renewing my licence later this year, police want medicals so that will cost, BASC wants renewal, so that will cost but I'm probably going to abort that as they're not getting all FLO's to support shooters.The renewal itself will cost - but some licensing offices deter use of the firearms and it's possible they'll try to keep us in for the rest of the year or more.

With people not being allowed to do variations the rifles will be hard to sell, and it'd cost funds to store them at RFD's. I have a mini grinder and might just cut them up and hand them in. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I'm beginning to suspect some licence officers are in cahoots with WJ' There's very few activities that can be as far away from other people than walking alone in a private field with a rifle doing any kind of pest control, but some FLO's are stubbornly refusing to accept the extreme distancing merit this offers whilst also getting exercise, vitamin D and fresh air.

I'm tempted not to bother renewing my licence later this year, police want medicals so that will cost, BASC wants renewal, so that will cost but I'm probably going to abort that as they're not getting all FLO's to support shooters.The renewal itself will cost - but some licensing offices deter use of the firearms and it's possible they'll try to keep us in for the rest of the year or more.

With people not being allowed to do variations the rifles will be hard to sell, and it'd cost funds to store them at RFD's. I have a mini grinder and might just cut them up and hand them in. 

All the more reason to belong to one of the organisations.If you pack in WJ have won . Don't give them the satisfaction of people finishing shooting.BASC have registered as an interested party so hopefully will be called on the Judicial review,if they get away with this challenge Wild Justice will no doubt go after Natural England again.The reason they are taking on NRW is they consider the Welsh government as weak and will fold.

Well. Said indeed we must just keep always within the law..dont be afraid to do your utmost to support all the shooting orgs and game farmer as well as our local hard pressed farmer..Im rearing my stock of partridge and pheasant for this season..if we cannot shoot as virus still dictates lockdown then will keep feeding till virus has past..most cannot do that though...so support them ..basc..countryside orgs. Giving up ...plays into WJs hands..to them ...one less is a victory..

• 2 weeks later...

On WJ Twitter blog they are still determined to go after NRW on the general licence and they mention that if successful they will go for NE and the Scottish equivalent.They are now showing their true colours and are an out and out anti shooting organisation,and it makes no difference what the three leaders of this mob say they want to see the back of any shooting in this country.BASC are going to fight the review in Wales but non of the other organisations are willing to help.,if this judicial review is successful then it could open the floodgates again.